Sunday, February 4, 2018

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon ::: Flaming-Oh! & Send Nudes

Recently, I have been very lucky with my Influenster Vox Boxes! I got the Eye-Conic Multi-Finish Eye Palette in "750 Edgitorial"  from Marc Jacobs 2-3 months ago from them (reviewed here). And these beautiful new Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayons from the same brand arrived at my address on Christmas Eve! I did not indulge much holiday shopping for myself last year so timing was absolutely perfect :-)



The idea of liquid lipstick in lip crayon is wonderful; almost too good to be true. As found in their website - "LE MARC LIQUID LIP CRAYON IS EVERYTHING YOU LOVE ABOUT A LIQUID LIPSTICK IN A CREAMY CRAYON.THIS CREAMY CRAYON MELTS INTO LIPS WITH A LIGHTWEIGHT LIQUID SENSATION, PROVIDING POWERFUL ONE-SWIPE COLOR WITH BOLD IMPACT. A DOSE OF INNOVATIVE "GHOST PEARL" GIVES THE MATTE LOOK A DIMENSIONAL SHEEN FOR A NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN FINISH. WITH THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF PLAYTIME, YOU GET THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: INSTANT COLOR THAT LASTS FOR 16 LUXURIOUS HOURS OF LONGWEAR.

Price & Availability: This lip crayons are priced at $26 for 0.07oz/2g it is a typical Marc Jacobs price. The packaging is also per standard. It's luxurious and hefty. It has a snap on process, so i feel like they have thought of minimizing air exposure to the crayons. However, time will tell if it is effective or not. These are available in Sephora and Marc Jacobs website


Formula & Weartime: I think this creative idea of putting liquid lipstick in a crayon formula works. It goes on smoothly and it feels really lightwight and definitely feels like a think liquid lipstick, not at all like a traditional lipstick. When I first got it, I wore it constantly for three days. It is a liquid lipstick so it is going to be drying, but I was able to wear it without much discomfort. After 3 days of constant wear of course, I need a little bit of pampering for my lips; exfoliation, extra coat of lip balm etc. Also, the so-called ghost pearls does give that extra sheen. However, the sheen is not prominent in all the shades of this line. I personally am not that excited about the sheen! 

I also do not agree with the claim of 16 hours of longwear. It does last a long time - say 7-9 hrs. I wore it for my pre-christmas dinner and it did really well though dinner. It faded a bit but it was even and I did not really need to reapply. But 16 hrs is a bit much :-)


Shades:

Flaming-oh!: I enjoy this shade- it is a happy, eye catching hot pink. There is that ghost-pearl sheen that sort of looks a tiny little bit blue. It looks flattering on my skintone. I am sure I will enjoy wearing this shade more in summer and spring.


Send Nudes: I see how this can be a popular color but for me, I could not make it work. The sheen here is very, very prominent and it appears weird against my skintone. I have similar feedback from my Insta-friends. I feel like it makes me look aged. I don't see myself wearing it much. 


What is a last item you got from Influenster? If you have not join already, what are you waiting for?

Love,
~Arrru

1 comment:

StevenHWicker said...

I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen I like it I learn something today. Professional Counselling Slough