Sunday, May 20, 2018

Birchbox Limited Edition "How to Hygge" Box ::: Quick thoughts!

If you follow me here or on my Instagram for the beauty content, you may already know that I absolutely love value kits or gift boxes. If you put a little bit of effort you can find kits that are of incredible value where each of the product can be wonderful for you.

So, Birchbox is one of my favorite places to find unique kits/sets with incredible value! I don't buy from them often though; the last time I bought was at least 2-3 years ago. Reviewed here. But I do check their website for the limited edition boxes say every 3-4 months. They have such wonderfully curated boxes with products that are popular but not sickeningly hyped up! And their boxes has a little bit of everything - starting from makeup, skincare to candle to chocolate drinks to books and what not! Whenever I found a kit that peaks my interest, I grab it! :-)


Today's post is about How to Hygge box. This box is curated around the concept of hygge. As found in their website "Hygge (noun) /ˈhuːɡə/ (pronounced “hoo-ga”): The Danish lifestyle concept of coziness and a feeling of comfort and well-being." As expected, this box is designed with comforting products to put you in a calm state of mind. I saw quite a few products in this box that I have been itching to try but did not want to pay full price. 

This box will cost you $53 & it came with free shipping! (Side note: I rarely pay for shipping while shopping online). I have done a tally of the cost of the products and it came around $157. I could not figure out the EXACT prices for two of the products but still the oervall value is at least $150. Isn't that amazing?


I will start with products that were the most interesting to me!

thisworks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray (Full Size worth $29): I have been intrigued about this product for such a long time now. I have trouble falling in sleep from time to time and I really wanted to try this out. But I could never bring myself to pay whole $29.99 for a product that may or may not work for me. I have used it 3 times now and it had helped me sleep. However, those 3 days were relatively easy day you know; I was not much stressed or did not have headache or any kind of TROUBLE getting sleep. Trust me, I have had bad nights. I am interested to see if this can help during my super stressful days! 


Milk Makeup Hydrating Oil (Full Size worth $24): Another product that has interested me since its launch! As a matter of fact, I have not tried any of the stick products from Milk Makeup. And I feel like this is the perfect product for my skin type. I have way too many skincare products in use right now so I am not going to try it right now but I am excited :-) If it works for me, it will be perfect for travelling!


Smith & Cult Nailed Lacquer in Peaceful Paranoia (Full Size worth $18): This has been such a surprize favorite. I did not really expect much from this shade. I have gotten a Smith & Cult polish in my previous limited-edition box. While that shade was lovely, the formula was a tiny bit thin! However, I applied "Peaceful Paranoia" on both my toes and fingernails; and it has been perfect. The formulla is great and I absolutely love the shade. It is a perfect blush shade for my skin color. It also has a subtle purple sheen duochrome which is so very elegant! I can already see it will be my go-to shade for days when I need to feel glammed up and yet maintain the office decorum :-) Every once-in-while I catch a glimps of my nail tips and this beautiful sheen in this shade makes me feel happy! I am also impressed about the staying power of it; I have had it for 6 days and it had held up strong! I am so glad this is in this box :-)

 

Askinosie Chocolate Single Origin Sipping Chocolate (Deluxe Size worth $14.53): Another product I have managed to try out from the product. It was nice. :-) I mean, I am not a die-hard fan of hot chocolate but hey, I will never say no to food!


Votivo® Aromatic Travel Tin Candle in No. 45 Grey Vetiver™ (Full Size worth $12): I love candles! I also love this small size jars so definitely good to have in my box :-) It smells lovely, I have not burnt it yet!


Herbivore Botanicals Coco Rose Body Polish (Deluxe Size; I am not sure the oz. amount here  so not exactly know the value but the full-size comes with 8 oz at $36): Another product that I have been very very interested. I love the Blue Tansy Mask from this brand and I love body scurbs so this is awesome. But again, I have not tried it because I want to finish up the scrub that I have been using currently.


Sunday Riley C.E.O. C + E Micro-Dissolve Cleansing Oil (Deluxe Size worth $11.17): I try to collect deluxe products from Sunday Riley but unfortunately none of them has performed upto the hype. This is a deluxe size cleansing oil; not really an extremely exciting product but it is an expensive one! It definitely increases the overall value of the product.


Amika Soulfood Nourishing Mask (Deluxe Size worth $12): I have recently bought a hair straintening brush set from Amika which had this mask in full-sze. I have heard so much good things about this product, I have not tried it but it would be nice to have a travel-size with me.


Oh K! Sleep Mask (Full Size worth $6.50 ): Again, big fan of masking over here! This is a face mask with which you can sleep in! And I like the convient tube-type packaging!


Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches with Soothing Cornflower (Total 4 patches worth $6.87): I have tried these before. It helped me tackle the tiredness but not much with the dark circles. But I do enjoy masking!


Richer Poorer Women’s Textured Crew Socks - 1 Pair (Full Size worth $9.80; sale price): Socks! Can never have enough of them :-)


Calm Book by Michael Acton Smith (Price stated as $ , but you can find it much affordable price): I am not really much into self-help genre of books but this fits well with the theme of the box. I will still give it a try!

OVERALL, I am very excited about the box. Even though I have tried only 2 or 3 products from the box I am quite sure that box is definitely worth the price tag!

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: