Saturday, September 13, 2014

Liebster Award


Zahra from I AM CHIC LONDON is a fellow blogger and she has recently nominated me for the Liebster Award. She is the first friend I made from this beautiful world of beauty blogging. Thank you so much for this, Zahra! To give you all a better idea about Liebster, I am explaining it, as found in her blog :-) And definitely check her out; she is very chic and elegant :-)


11 Random Facts about me:
  1. I miss Pomy, our pet dog who left us in 2010 after spending 11 years beautiful years with us. I miss her EVERY single day.
  2. Mango, Pineapple and Pomegranate- A few of my favorite fruits.
  3. I have been to 18 states in United States of America.
  4. I prefer pen or liquid eyeliner over gel liners.
  5. I want to visit Paris and Santorini. Some day!
  6. Strangely, I don't remember my VERY first lipstick.
  7. When I was a kid, I never liked fish. But now that I am so far away from home, I miss freshwater fish so very much.
  8. I love assembling IKEA furniture ;-)
  9. The brighter the lip color, the better.
  10. I have a younger sister (more like a twin) and we talk about makeup and fashion for more than 75% of time during our overseas call.
  11. I love exploring different cuisines.   
Zahra’s questions:
  1. What are you most passionate about? :::: I am not sure :-) I have such compartmental passion for many different things. My career is very important... :-) and then I love blogging, I love working towards promoting of my mother tongue and ethnic nuances of Assamese culture!
  2. What inspired you to start blogging? :::: From childhood, I always had an interest in writing. After I joined my first job, I started to slowly publish my poems and articles (which are still in my blog) and since last December, I have started blogging on a regular basis about my two new-found fascination: cooking and makeup :-) Your top tip for newbie bloggers? :::: Always invest your time in taking your pictures.
  3. Who is your style icon? :::: I pick up inspiration from everywhere; people I observe in my day-to-day life, internet and the good old fashion books :-)
  4. Do you have a motto that you live by or favorite quote? :::: One of my favorite quote is from Madbhagawat Gita (an spiritual book on Indian Mythology). It says "কৰ্মতহে তোমাৰ অধিকাৰ, তাৰ ফলত নহয়" ("You have a right to perform your pescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action."). Another one is "Live and let live". I so hope everyone would respect this quote.
  5. What’s your favorite make up product/brand? :::: Oops! Tough question for a beauty blogger and I am going to give a long answer. My favorite product keeps changing. Sometimes I am crazy about bronzers and sometimes it’s all about the blushes! But Bright lipsticks and black eye liner will always remain my all-time-favorite. And if I have to pick up only one brand, it will be "Tarte". And special mention to "Bite Beauty" for lipsticks!
  6. Your favorite Book/Movie/TV show? :::: All time Favorite book "Anuradhar Desh" (The land of Anuradha, it's a novel in Assamese language). My favorite movies keep changing- currently it's Milli, Kuch Kuch Hota Hain, Dil Chahta Hai, Silver Lining Playbook. All-time favorite TV-series: "Friends". Current favorite: "Modern Family".
  7. Your favorite social platform? :::: Instagram, for now!
  8. What makes you smile? :::: Spending time with the best of my friends and family, compliments from stranger, appreciations on my blogs and Instagram pics, "Friends" show! And a lot of other things....
  9. Favorite travel destination? :::: Out of the places I have been to, California is my very favorite.
  10. Currently top on your wish list? :::: I am currently a bit bankrupt ;-) so, I am trying to hold off temptation. But here is my list 
  11. # Clinique Cheek Pop
    # Marc Jacobs Siren Palette
    # Kat Von D Tattoo Liner.
  12. Do you have a favorite MUA/YouTuber? :::: Lisa Eldridge (so much to learn from her), Jaclyn Hill (so much fun with her), Marlena (for overall inspiration)
I am further nominating all these beauties :-)
  1. Heather from allthingsHeather 
  2. Zhahara from Azhian Beauty
  3. Poppy from Glitter In Her Eyes
  4. Manashi from I am What I am
  5. Ivy and Daisy from the eighth forest 
  6. Maya from PINKCOGNITO
  7. Laura from lipstickjunkie 
  8. Meagan from kissmeg 
  9. Sanchari from The Serious Butterfly 
  10. Cel from TropicThrill  
  11. Hannah from Hannahh(??)
My questions for you all are
  1. If money and time is not a problem where would you go for an epic vacation?
  2. Favorite color for makeup packaging?
  3. Books/Movies/Shows that you can read or watch over and over?
  4. Are you a morning person or a midnight-lover?
  5. Favorite color for clothing?
  6. Cooking - Love or Loathe?
  7. Do you feel boredom? What do you do to avoid it?
  8. Designer brands with obnoxious price! How do you feel about it?
  9. Favorite Hollywood icon and why?
  10. What do you fear most?
  11. What do you love most for the choice of platform (WordPress, BlogSpot etc.) for your blog?
Thank you so much for your time... I hope all the beauties I tagged will keep the chain going forward :-) Happy blogging!!

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: