Zahra from I AM CHIC LONDON is a fellow blogger and she has recently nominated me for the Liebster Award. She is the first friend I made from this beautiful world of beauty blogging. Thank you so much for this, Zahra! To give you all a better idea about Liebster, I am explaining it, as found in her blog :-) And definitely check her out; she is very chic and elegant :-)
11 Random Facts about me:
- I miss Pomy, our pet dog who left us in 2010 after spending 11 years beautiful years with us. I miss her EVERY single day.
- Mango, Pineapple and Pomegranate- A few of my favorite fruits.
- I have been to 18 states in United States of America.
- I prefer pen or liquid eyeliner over gel liners.
- I want to visit Paris and Santorini. Some day!
- Strangely, I don't remember my VERY first lipstick.
- When I was a kid, I never liked fish. But now that I am so far away from home, I miss freshwater fish so very much.
- I love assembling IKEA furniture ;-)
- The brighter the lip color, the better.
- I have a younger sister (more like a twin) and we talk about makeup and fashion for more than 75% of time during our overseas call.
- I love exploring different cuisines.
- What are you most passionate about? :::: I am not sure :-) I have such compartmental passion for many different things. My career is very important... :-) and then I love blogging, I love working towards promoting of my mother tongue and ethnic nuances of Assamese culture!
- What inspired you to start blogging? :::: From childhood, I always had an interest in writing. After I joined my first job, I started to slowly publish my poems and articles (which are still in my blog) and since last December, I have started blogging on a regular basis about my two new-found fascination: cooking and makeup :-) Your top tip for newbie bloggers? :::: Always invest your time in taking your pictures.
- Who is your style icon? :::: I pick up inspiration from everywhere; people I observe in my day-to-day life, internet and the good old fashion books :-)
- Do you have a motto that you live by or favorite quote? :::: One of my favorite quote is from Madbhagawat Gita (an spiritual book on Indian Mythology). It says "কৰ্মতহে তোমাৰ অধিকাৰ, তাৰ ফলত নহয়" ("You have a right to perform your pescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action."). Another one is "Live and let live". I so hope everyone would respect this quote.
- What’s your favorite make up product/brand? :::: Oops! Tough question for a beauty blogger and I am going to give a long answer. My favorite product keeps changing. Sometimes I am crazy about bronzers and sometimes it’s all about the blushes! But Bright lipsticks and black eye liner will always remain my all-time-favorite. And if I have to pick up only one brand, it will be "Tarte". And special mention to "Bite Beauty" for lipsticks!
- Your favorite Book/Movie/TV show? :::: All time Favorite book "Anuradhar Desh" (The land of Anuradha, it's a novel in Assamese language). My favorite movies keep changing- currently it's Milli, Kuch Kuch Hota Hain, Dil Chahta Hai, Silver Lining Playbook. All-time favorite TV-series: "Friends". Current favorite: "Modern Family".
- Your favorite social platform? :::: Instagram, for now!
- What makes you smile? :::: Spending time with the best of my friends and family, compliments from stranger, appreciations on my blogs and Instagram pics, "Friends" show! And a lot of other things....
- Favorite travel destination? :::: Out of the places I have been to, California is my very favorite.
- Currently top on your wish list? :::: I am currently a bit bankrupt ;-) so, I am trying to hold off temptation. But here is my list # Clinique Cheek Pop
- Do you have a favorite MUA/YouTuber? :::: Lisa Eldridge (so much to learn from her), Jaclyn Hill (so much fun with her), Marlena (for overall inspiration)
# Marc Jacobs Siren Palette
# Kat Von D Tattoo Liner.
I am further nominating all these beauties :-)
- Heather from allthingsHeather
- Zhahara from Azhian Beauty
- Poppy from Glitter In Her Eyes
- Manashi from I am What I am
- Ivy and Daisy from the eighth forest
- Maya from PINKCOGNITO
- Laura from lipstickjunkie
- Meagan from kissmeg
- Sanchari from The Serious Butterfly
- Cel from TropicThrill
- Hannah from Hannahh(??)
- If money and time is not a problem where would you go for an epic vacation?
- Favorite color for makeup packaging?
- Books/Movies/Shows that you can read or watch over and over?
- Are you a morning person or a midnight-lover?
- Favorite color for clothing?
- Cooking - Love or Loathe?
- Do you feel boredom? What do you do to avoid it?
- Designer brands with obnoxious price! How do you feel about it?
- Favorite Hollywood icon and why?
- What do you fear most?
- What do you love most for the choice of platform (WordPress, BlogSpot etc.) for your blog?
Thank you so much for your time... I hope all the beauties I tagged will keep the chain going forward :-) Happy blogging!!