Sunday, September 7, 2014

NYX Cosmetics Rouge Cream Blush in "ROSE PETAL"

NYX Cosmetics is overall a wonderful brand. They have a vast array of products at a very affordable price range and you are bound to find love for one or more products from them!


One such product for me is their Rouge Cream Blushes. I have it only in the shade "Rose Petal" and it's my "I-don't-know-what-goes-with-this-eye-look" blush. Yes, this little guy surely deserves that long a name :-) It was my first successful buy so far as blushes are concerned. It's a lovely natural shade and applies so easily! You can already tell, I LOVE it!

Let's start with the packaging. At first look, it appears to be a bit more voluminous than I prefer. The compact is black and of well-built plastic packaging, which is very typical of NYX. It's round in shape and strong enough to carry; I have travelled a lot with it. The lid opens up to 120 degrees and is clear, which makes it easier to find the exact shade from your collection. It does not have a mirror. This is not a deal breaker for me but being a girl who is constantly on the move for business and leisure trips, I have started to appreciate mirrored packaging for makeup products.  


One of the best aspects of NYX is their very affordable price range! This is also no exception. For a total of 0.12 oz. (3.5 g), this costs around 6$ to 7$. Such a deal for this wonderful product. Especially if you pick it up during 'Buy One Get one at 50%' or other sale offers which they offer quite regularly. Even though the price is very "drugstore-like", NYX is not available in all drugstores. I personally have seen them only in Ulta and select products in select Target stores. You can definitely access them in NYX website and of course there is Amazon (Personally, I prefer buying makeup products directly from the brand website, drugstore or from Beauty stores). By the way, I learnt that Sephora India offers NYX in their stores! I find it very interesting :-) I love online shopping but I like to explore makeup and beauty products before buying; so I really do wish more availability of NYX products in the future :-)


Anyway, this is one of my most favorite products from NYX :-) Some people are a not very comfortable with cream blushes but I started my 'blush journey' with this very product. The texture is very smooth and it’s a dream to blend. It made it extremely easy to wear "blush" for the naive beginner in me! I simply use my fingers for application and it glides on my skin within seconds. It does not emphasize the pores on my cheeks as well. You also need the tiniest bit for the color to show up; very pigmented product. 


The shade "Rose Petal" is a very natural rose hued warmer pink. It does not have any shimmer but the end finish definitely gives you a glossy-glowy finish. Because the shade is subtle in nature, it can be worn with absolutely minimal makeup as well as with very glam smokey eye makeup. Like I said, whenever I can't decide what blush color will work well with my overall makeup look, or whenever I don't have enough spare time to spend on make-up, this is what I pick up. It does not have crazy long staying power though. It does not last more than 4 to 5 hrs. if you are out and about in hot humid weather. But it has lasted for around 6 to 7 hrs. on me during indoor events. The shade will suit almost all skin tones although it can come off a bit ashy if you have a very deep skin-tone. It is also non-scented and has never broken me out. But then, I don't have sensitive skin.

Pros:
  • Beautiful texture.
  • Easy-to-apply; easier to blend. Excellent for beginner.
  • Very affordable.
  • NYX is a cruelty free brand which is always an added advantage for me.
  • Excellent for girls with dry skin (me, me!!)
Cons:
  • The compact does not have a mirror.
  • I wished it would have a little more staying power.
  • Not readily available in all drugstores.

I will always have a special place in my heart for this blush as this one was my first ;-) But because I have recently gone through a major blush-kick, I have forced myself into a "restricted-buyer" mode for now. I would definitely love to check out other shades in future though :-)


If you are looking for a natural cheek color, I would surely recommend this particular shade. Hope it was helpful :-) Enjoy....

Love,
~Arrru 

No comments: