Sunday, August 31, 2014

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in "KISS ME CORAL"


Revlon is one of my favorite brands from the drugstore; especially for lip products! Their colorstay foundation is my everyday foundation (well, on the days when I wear foundation :-)) and recently I have been totally impressed by their lip crayons... 

Summer is almost gone and we might wanna savor the last few days with full-on ORANGEy-coral lips :-) Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in "Kiss me Coral" is an appropriate choice to do just that! It's easy-to-use, has a very nice formula, gives a decent few hrs. of wear and it's very very affordable. And that name is just cute!


The lipstick costs anywhere between 5 to 8.49$ for 0.17 oz. (5 g) of products. It’s been a while since I bought it, but I believe it was around 4.50$ in Walmart. The good thing is Revlon is available in many stores like Ulta, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS and Target. Plus, you can almost always find sale offers like "Buy one Get one free" here in USA. It's also relatively easy to find in India :-)  


Packaging is pretty and functional too; considering the price. This is how I visualized lipstick to look like when I was a child! Ha ha! I love the gold with the black; it gives me a nice nostalgic vintage-y kind of feel. I also appreciate the transparent top on the cap. You can definitely get a peek of the color inside. It’s pretty sturdy too; I have travelled a few times with it and it has remained intact!

Yes, it’s a bold color, but the formula is really easy to wear. I can just slap it on and go out the door. I, usually, NEED lip liners to wear bold-bright colors, but not with this one! It is a creamy formula but end finish is definitely with a subtle sheen; not overly glossy! It also does not bleed or transfer to the teeth :-) But because it’s a creamy formula, you have to trade off the wear-time. It lasts around 2.5 to 4 hrs. on me before it fades. And when I say "fade" I mean it completely vanishes ;-) ;-) ! But it’s not a tough color to wear; I don't really mind reapplying. 

Bright and bold colors are slowly becoming my thing! This was one of the first bright colors I owned and I have not stopped since then :-) "Kiss me Coral" is an orange-y coral shade with an almost invisible red undertone. It's not a straight up "orange", but I consider it to be one. That’s just me though! I definitely think it suites my kind of tanned skin tone. If you don’t own any bright colors yet, this may be a good start! Its fun and bright without being overwhelming and can surely brighten up your entire face!

Pros: 
  • Affordable and easily accessible.
  • Easy-to-wear.
  • Very easy on the lips despite being a bright color.
  • Pigmented. Color is true to the tube. 
Cons:
  • Does not last more than 3-4 hrs.

I will definitely recommend it, if you are interested in fun summer shades. And if you like, wear it and flaunt it in winter or any weather for that matter! You will not be disappointed :-)

Thank you a lot for visiting my blog, people! Hope you all are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend :-) Much loveeeee......................

~Arrru

No comments: