Sunday, May 17, 2015

Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in "Tutti-Frutti": Review and Swatches

I first tried Orange Lip color back in 2013, from my sister's lipstick stash! And I have been in love ever since! Even though some of the orange or coral colors can make teeth look a little yellow, nonetheless I love my Orange/Coral/Peach-y lip shades!


It already feels like summer here and if you are craving for some summery shades but still there is some hesitation, "Tutti Frutti" might be where you want to start! I bought Revlon Color Burst Matte Balm in "Audacious" for my sister last year around spring, and I picked this particular lip butter for me. I thought this would be a perfect to take with me during my never ending work tours; just to add some color to my otherwise bare face!

The lip butter is pretty sleek with convenient color coordinated packaging. The actual tube is also thin and sleek. The cap has two quilted side; and it closes nice and tidy enough. I have travelled A LOT with it, and the cap has NEVER betrayed me :-) For a total of 0.09 oz. (2.55 g) it costs around $5.99 to $9.39 depending on the store. These lip butters can be found in almost all drugstores like Walmart, Walgreen, Target, Ulta, CVS, Rite Aid and on the Revlon website. The good thing is that there is always some kind of sale with Revlon products! But I do think that a full price of around $8-9 is a bit steep for colored lip butter. 


These are nicely pigmented; I mean as much as you can expect from lip butter! Revlon website describes the product as "Pamper your lips with a gel formula that provides super-charged hydration and glides on buttery smooth. In fact, 94% of women's lips felt were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated."  I find them easy-to-wear and very smooth on the lips. I actually love the feel and look for the first 2-3 hours. But as time goes by and I don't apply any other lip balm in between, this lip butter makes my lips chapped and dry which is exactly the opposite of what it is meant for. I do like the luscious and yet subtle look it gives me for the first few hours; but I don't think I will be interested in picking up another shade. I love Revlon's lip products, like the matte balms, super lustrous lipstick but this was a mild disappointment. I have very dry skin, so that might be the reason.  



Having said that, I have to be honest and state that, this has been one of the most used lip product in my giant stash, over the past few months. Mostly because I carry it with me for my work tours. It is easy to carry, gives me a little bit of color and I don't have to deal with the fear that I will destroy it while travelling.

Hope you guys had a lovely weekend....!!

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: