Monday, January 26, 2015

REVLON Colorburst Matte Balm in SULTRY and Balm Stain in ROMANTIC Swatces and Review :-)




I have expressed my love for Revlon lip products before! Today I have two more products from Revlon for you! Lip crayons have been incredibly popular for a while now. I believe Revlon was one of the first few brands to launch this type of lip crayons. Please correct me if I am wrong.


I got their lip balm stain in Rendezvous for my sister ealry last year. Since then I was itching to try one for myself. Then during one of Ulta's Buy One Get One 50% off sale, I picked up two shades :-) You can find these in UltaWalgreensWalmart etc. 



Colorburst Matte Balm in SULTRY: Depending on the store the cost varies from 8$ to around 10$. I feel like I am forever in search of a natural color for everyday wear! This shade is such a beautiful mauve color! It may appear a little bit pink from time to time; but it's just the right amount of pink. Very comfortable to wear. It's very creamy and hydrating but the finish is definitely matte! Very impressive wear time as well. I have had 10 hrs. of work days and I could still see the very faint and even stain when I reached home (Well, hotel actually as I am always travelling for work). The packaging is good enough; not very bulky. The color of the tube matches the lip shade and feels matte corresponding to the matte finish of the lip shade; that is very convenient. I also love that these are automatic pencils. But I do think they are a little bit high on price considering it's a drugstore product. But apart from that, I am highly impressed by this particular lip product.




Colorburst Balm Stain in ROMANTIC: Depending on the store it varies from 5$ to 9$ for 0.09 oz. The packaging is same but keeping it coordinated with the lip stain, it’s a tube is a little shiny, even the bottom is in metallic silver material. I am really liking this! But the writing at the surface has already started to rub off, which disappoints me. I purchased both of these at the same time, used it at the same rate, but the "Sultry" still has its names on. In the tube, "Romantic" looks like a berry shade, but on application it turns up to be a red and has a sheen! It is a very EASY red. It goes on very smooth and the feel on the lips is a bit stiff, a bit plastic-y. It’s not very bad though. I use it for days when I yearn for some red lips but I can't, as I work in field where a red lipstick does not really look appropriate. It immediately brightens up my face. If you are scared of trying red lipstick, I highly recommend starting with this kind of sheer-red. It will warm you up until the time you are comfortable to wear a full-on Red lipstick. The staying power is not very impressive though, it stays for a maximum of 2-3 hrs. on my lips. I don’t mind reapplying once or twice during the day. Price is same, but as I bought it in BOGO sale, I think it is a good-enough deal.  



I hope this quick review was helpful for you! The matte balm is absolutely fantastic and when I am back to my shopping mode again I will definitely try out new shades! I can't say the same for the Colorburst Balm Stains. 

Have a great weekend folks!!

Love,
~Arrru

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such an amazing piece of content, loved reading it till rest. hauteher for girls only