Saturday, June 27, 2015

Bought it, emptied: Sephora Exclusive "Peter Thomas Roth Skinstant Mask Magic" Set!

I am a Sephora browse-o-holic - browsing the site at least 3-4 times a week, even though I don’t need anything. I am pretty sure some of you do that too! :-)

So last night, I was browsing Sephora as usual, and I saw that the limited-edition "Skinstant Mask Magic" set from Peter Thomas Roth was available again! Just in time for me, as I have already finished one mask from the same set I got last year and I'd be soon done with the other two..


First, lets talk about the cost. A regular size of these masks varies from $45 to $58 for 5 oz. of products. There are x 1.7 oz. of masks at a price of $45. You get Cucumber Gel Mask, Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask and Pumpkin Enzyme Mask which are a few of their most popular masks. As mentioned in Sephora website "Cucumber Gel Mask helps soothe, hydrate, and detoxify dry, irritated skin while Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask contains cutting-edge plant biotechnology that isolates and replicates the perfect rose stem cells for maximum age repair. Pumpkin Enzyme Mask is a powerful and highly effective exfoliating treatment that addresses a dull, aging, and congested complexion." This set is a great way to try the masks and I personally prefer this size compared to the regular one as it is much more easier for me to finish them before they even have a chance to get spoiled. I have successfully traveled many times with these masks; they are very sturdy! I find the jars pretty and I am definitely reusing them. Also, are not the color of the masks beautiful? I especially enjoy the fact that rose and cucumber are very clear on the face when applied. So when I go for vacation with friends, post long flight and other travels, I can put on the mask and still participate in late-night discussions and 'addas' without making my friends aware that I am wearing a skincare mask :-) I see gentle but consistent effect from all 3 of these. But they are mild as masks; if you are hoping for or looking for crazy, dramatic and visible improvement within just a few minutes, they will not please you much!


Pumpkin Enzyme Mask: This is the most effective among the whole set. I use it whenever I think my skin needs a good cleanup action along with some strong exfoliating. I apply it and the first few seconds I do feel a very mild burning sensation which I think I enjoy. I generally keep it for 15-20 minutes and rinse while rubbing gently. My skin immediately feels smooth. I do agree, that I can still see a bit of dry flakes here and there but then again, I have extremely dry skin. The mask makes my skin feel so so refreshing and free of all the gunk and dirt. I LOVE it. The grits in this are very fine so it does not harm your skin in the name of exfoliating!

Rose Stem Cell Bio Repair Gel Mask: As it is evident from the name, the texture of the mask is like jelly so it is pretty easy to put on. Like I said, it is clear when applied. If my skin is feeling rough and dry, dehydrated I use this as rejuvenating mask. I used to travel quite a lot and whenever I have air travel, I would use this the night before! It surely helps in tackling the dry skin following air travel.

Cucumber Gel Mask: As mentioned in the website, Cucumber and Rose masks have different purposes! But apart from their smell (which is very light) I don’t feel much of a difference between these two. The Rose one may be slightly heavier than the cucumber one. This one is definitely my most used one. It is very light so its simple enough for me to incorporate this once or twice a week in my skincare routine. 

I first started using them during last summer and I did not really notice a “WOW” performance during summer. I have been regularly including these in my skincare and I have to say that now I love using them, specially during the winter. I truly believe the rose and cucumber masks really helped me survive the brutal Chicago winter. In short, I adore these masks and I have already repurchased! Here are my brand new ones ;-)


Remember, they are limited-edition and Sephora exclusive :-) If you are interested grab one while it is still available! :-) 

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: