Saturday, June 20, 2015

Influenster: BellaVoxBox

I am not the biggest fan of subscription boxes. Not that I have tried many, but I like to have utmost control over a very few things in life. Choosing what beauty products to try is definitely one of those things! I love watching subscription unwrapping videos on YouTube, but I already collect so many samples from my beauty purchases that there is not much sense for me to get any subscription boxes. Also, I don't like how you can get completely ransom stuff even though you have edited your profile meticulously. To keep it short, "Subscription Box" isn't for me!


I will have to admit that I do not recollect when and how I decided to try out Influenster. It must be a very boring day in between my on-site projects :-) ! Also, the fact that Influenster sends these free of cost to be reviewed by the consumer peaked my interest. So I filled out my profile and just a few weeks thereafter got picked up for "BellaVoxBox". I was absolutely thrilled after I watched the YouTube sneak peak! There is chocolate and a red lipstick; what more a girl wants!!

The chocolate did not last long as expected, but I have had the chance to use the other products for last few weeks...Here are my thoughts!

RIMMEL LONDON Lasting Finish Lipstick-Kate Moss Collection in 01: I love Red Lipstick; that's no secret. This is an extremely loved red shade from RimmelLondon. I always wanted to try it; but did not buy it myself as I have way too many reds! It made me extremely happy when I learn that could get my hands on it free of cost! This is very very easy on the lips; it's creamy and yet does not bleed. Some bold shade of lipsticks get heavy and drying with time but this remained pretty comfortable for at least 5-6 hrs. And it wears down beautifully and quite evenly! The shade is very bright warm red. Its perfect for summer! :-) I love it and would happily repurchase if I ever can finish this tube.

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Mascara by Kate in 004 Eye Rock Jet Black: I ma not sure if this is a new product from Rimmel London! I have been using this quite a lot; and I have mixed feelings. It gives me nice, flattering, very natural looking lashes which I really enjoy. But it does flake during some days and transfers to my under-eye area from time to time. Otherwise, I do enjoy the natural look it gives to me. Overall, I do not think I am going to repurchase it.

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs in Medium: This is a product that I would have never tried on my own. I have medium skin tone and I just use a bit of illuminating cream if I am feeling extra fancy. That with my natural body color makes my legs firm and decently toned. I have tried it and its a very useful product for those of you who wants to look tan during the summer months. It sets within a few minutes and does not transfer to the clothes, and it gives a very even toned out look to the legs. And its affordable too!

Not Your Mother's Deja Vu 'Do Style Extender: This is a new product and its main idea is to lock the oil in your scalp and keep your hair oil free so that you can elongate the time between you washing your hair. This definitely helps in restraining my hair from getting super oily between washes. It also has a strong fruity smell which does not linger a lot and it does not bother me much, but I am not a fan either. Also, I don't get my hair to shine if I use this. I currently use 'Its a 10' product and I love that. So while I will still happily finish this tube, I don't think I will repurchase.

Ecotools Complexion Collection Mattifying Finish Brush: It's a VERY soft brush ! I have used it with Rimmel Stay Matte powder and it is a decent brush. I don't know what exactly they mean about being "matte finish" :-), I don't find any difference with other powder brushes. I have used it for Tarte blushes too! I wish it is a tad bit denser though, so I am not sure if I would pay full price for this one. But I am always willing to try new brushes and I am glad that I got this for free! It is an OK brush; overall! And I love the beautiful packet it came in. 

Dove Chocolate covered Blueberries: Chocolate and blueberries; there is nothing more to say. I finished it within a few hrs of receiving the parcel.

Let me repeat that I got this box for free to review from Influenster. Check their website at if you are interested. My first experience with their VoxBox has been nice. I love the box and I would definitely use the products... Looking forward to more surprises :-)

Love,
~Arrru

P.S: I am pretty excited about sharing two blogposts in two days :-) Make Up For Ever Artist Palette 2 to follow :-)

No comments: