Sunday, November 26, 2017

Detailed Swatches & First Impression ::: Stila Cosmetics "Eye for Elegance Set"

So, how was your Thanksgiving, folks? I am very sad that the long weekend is over. I cooked a lot over this weekend; it was tiring but I am glad that I have a freeze full of left-overs now.

Today, I have a first impression review at the Eye for Elegance Set from Stila Cosmetics! I love doing detailed review for this sort of sets but I thought I would rather share this first impression while the set is still available and is still relevant.



Price & Availability: This set is available on Sephora and Stila Cosmetics website. It includes three Glitter & Glow shades from their existing Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow line and three new Shimmer & Glow shades from Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow line that are antiipated to launch during Spring next year; all in deluxe size. It will cost you $45. Each shade includes 0.07 oz. of products, I love the size and the price, because honestly this is more than enough product I can ever attempt to use up!


Packaging: The tube shape mimics their full-size counterparts but I believe the full-size are of glass where as these are of plastic. It feels like the golden impression on the packaging rubs off quite quickly. If you watch the picture for Twig and Next to Notte tubes, the lettering are already fading up! The applicator, however is very practical. It makes ithe application easier and fuss-free.


Shades: The swatches on the hand are two swipes over bare skin. The swatches on the eyes are over Mac Paint Pot in Layin' Low and just a bit of matte crease shades. I apologize for my extremely bushy brows, and very haphazard-unblended application. On the bright side, you can see how the shades look in real-life!


Kitten (Shimmer & Glow): Kitten is an iconic shade from Stila. Why wouldn't it be? It is such gorgeous very nude pink shade. It is also very universally flattering. It is little brighter for my taste but I think I can pull it off. 
Peachy Keen (Glitter & Glow): As the name suggests, this shade has much more peach in it than Kitten. It is of course, glittering and I love that! As you can see from the swatches, this shade seems to be a bit less dense than the other two Glitter & Glow shades.



Grace (Shimmer & Glow): I think Grace & Smoldering Satin are my most favorite shades from this bunch. They flatter my skin-tone the most :-) Grace appears to be the Shimmer & Glow version of Peachy Keen to me. I love it!
Smoldering Satin (Glitter & Glow): This shade has a lot of  taupe glitter particles on a very shiny similar shade base. The result is a very nice, glittery opaque shade. I love it; may be it is my most favorite shade. The applicator works great and it is very easy to get an even layer. 



Twig (Shimmer & Glow): This is a rich brown shade and it reminds me of Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Bronze. That is a liner that I typically used as one-shade shadow on my lid. My pot has kind of dried up now so I think Twig will be a very good alternative. 
Next to Notte (Glitter & Glow): This is a red/maroon shade with pink/magenta glitter particles. Even though the swatch on the hand looks perfectly opaque, the application on the eyes can prove to be a bit patchy. I had to put two layers and then also I thought it was not perfect. I love the shade though!


Quality & Formula: I have not had the chance to thoroughly use and experience these shades. On a general level, I love the Glitter & Glow shades; they are very easy to apply and lasts all day long. You get about 45 seconds with these shades before they set. There are some fall outs though which is not uncommon. But I would have liked to avoid that. The Shimmer & Glow shades are nice if you don't want the glittery look but still want to have that va-va-voom effect :-) You get about 30 seconds with these Shimmer & Glow shades before they set. The staying power is good if I apply it in even layer on my whole lid. The other day, but I applied it as a blended eye liner but it smudged and almost vanished after 3-4 hrs.


I got this set with my VIB Sale 20% off code. With that price and 6 different shades to try, I think this was a good buy. I have been very interested in the Glitter & Glow shades from the beginning. Everybody loves those at $24 each, it seemed way too expensive, so this set made sense to me. I love the color selection here but I would have appreciated a bit more variety. 

What is your favorite Glitter & Glow shade from Stila?

Love
~Arrru

No comments: