Thursday, December 3, 2020

Sephora Favorites CLEAN MAKEUP KIT: Review & Swatches!!

Some 2-3 months ago, I bought the Clean Makeup Kit from Sephora! Unfortunately the kit is not available anymore. But these products are permanent within these brands so I am hoping this will be helpful in case you are looking for swatches or reviews. 



A couple of things -

1. The definition of "clean'/"nontoxic" beauty is not very clear. The more I try to educate myself about it the more I find that it's even more complex than I thought. What I have learnt so far is that what I consider as clean will depend entirely on what attributes "I" look for and accept as 'clean'; so what I view as a clean product may not be 'clean' for you! I gravitate more towards clean brands but honestly, I have just recently started my reluctant, very slow journey towards conscious brands! We will see how far this journey takes me!

2. I prefer the word conscious beauty than 'clean' or 'non-toxic'! I personally feel that clean or toxic terminology inadvertently imply that all other brands are toxic! But obviously the hashtag "cleanbeauty" is easier to find ☹️.

3. I sincerely hope & wish these sets come in more shades, at-least two variations! If you look at the swatches, you will see that these shades is somehow just barely compatible with my skin-tone but if you have skin-tones that are deeper than me, most of these will not work or will not be flattering. 


Anyway here are the products:

KOSAS Kosasport LipFuel Hyaluronic Lip Balm in Pulse (FULL SIZE): This is a tinted lip balm! The unconventional shape of the bullet threw me off at first! But not anymore 😊! I love the 18 months shelf life! It has Hyaluronic Acid which typically works for my skin. I love the tan rosey hue, its the perfect nude shade on me, especially when I have an extra bold and colorful eye look going on. It does not wash me off but is still looks "nude". I live in Chicago which is tragically cold around this time of the year, so I have to reapply once or twice a day, but it works decently as a lip balm. I also love the faint mint smell. It is probably the product that I have used the most out of all 6 of the products here. 

lilah b. Lovingly Lip™ Tinted Lip Oil in b.elegant (Travel size): I have been quite intrigued by this brand for quite some time now, glad that I got a chance to try it out without paying full price. I love this color. It's a very nude shade on me - nude which almost washes you off, but does not 😁! It does not lean too pink or too brown which typically happens with almost all the nude shades on me. It is a lip oil - it has a liquid but kind of a thick formula; it is very moisturizing but not sticky at all. I love it! 

Ilia Beauty Color Haze Multi-Use Pigment in Before Today (FULL SIZE): I love the Lip Conditioners (reviewed here) from Ilia Beauty and I am glad to test out more products from them. This is in full-size and yet somehow, in my mind, seemed so small! It is a cool toned mauve shade! Most of my blushes lean towards warm-tone. So I am glad to have something different. It is a thick cream formula (not a runny consistency) and its quite pigmented. So, I don't really need a lot for the color to show up. It has a adhering quality to it (I don't really know how else to explain it) it is not sticky but it is not as weightless I hoped it to be! It does stay on my cheeks quite a lot. It does not survive when I reapply my sunscreen but the other day I took a quick little nap with this on and to my surprise, it did not wear off from my cheeks. So, no complaints here! 


Aether Beauty Rose Quartz Crystal Gemstone Eyeshadow in Metallic Rose Quartz: Another brand that has intrigued me for some time now. It is kind of weird to have a random triangle shaped pan with all my round and square pans of eyeshadows! Lucky for me, I am an engineer and I don't mind triangles, lol! It is described as rose gold- I see the shade as a very pale pink with a strong but soft metallic sheen; nothing revolutionary but it is very beautiful. It works with flat stiff brush or with my fingertip, I do prefer the later. Excellent performance as well. I always wear eyeshadow primer and it did stay the entire day. I am overall very pleased with this. 

RMS Beauty Living Luminzier Glow Face & Body Powder: I love the Living Luminizer (reviewed here) and the Buriti Bronzer (reviewed here) from RMS Beauty so I was excited to try this. It is quite a warm golden highlighter - not for the faint hearted! I love a good bling-y highlighter but even with that much love for strong sheen, I  still need to be careful with it. It can get out of hand very quickly. I don't like the packaging mainly because it just needs extra effort to use loose highlighters than a pressed one. I also noticed something kind of random - when I reapplied my sunscreen middle of the day, I could still see the glimmer and the glow shine through the sunscreen and I liked that. But overall, I am pretty sure I will not get more use out of this. Mainly because of the "loose" formula.

tarte SEA Surfer Curl™ Volumizing Mascara (Travel Size): I used to love Tarte when I first got into makeup but I haven't tried anything from them in a hot minute.

This mascara has somewhat of a drier formula; it really helps me get long fluttery lashes but it does not add a lot of volume. And I can use some help in that department. I noticed some flaking the first few times I wore it but now I don't experience that anymore. The travel size was troublesome because of the tiny tube and overwhelming amount of product it had, it kept squeezing out of the tube. But overall, I am getting a lot of use out of this.


lilah.b Lip Oil in b.elegant on the lips

Kosas Lip Fuel in Pulse on the lips,
Aether Beauty Metallic Rose Quartz on the eye-lids

Kosas Lip Fuel in Pulse on the lips,
Tarte SEA Surfer Mascara on the Eyes


lilah.b Lip Oil in b.elegant on the lips

RMS Beauty  Living Luminzier Glow Face & Body Powder as highlighter,
Ilia Pigment in Before Today on the cheeks as blush

This set costs me $29 and I think that was an effective cost. I typically do a breakdown of products when I get these type of value sets but as this set is not available anymore, I don't see any point in doing so! I hope that is ok. But I am using them in my makeup routine and I enjoying them!

Love,

~Arrru


No comments: