Saturday, June 21, 2014

Sephora Birthday Gift 2014: Make Up For Ever "Celebrate For Ever" set

If you are a beauty aficionado like me you may already be very familiar with Sephora! It is heaven for any beauty junkie :) For those of you who are yet to experience the "awesomeness" called Sephora, let me explain! It's a beauty store that offers prestige cosmetics, skincare and fragrance brands that can literally cater to all your beauty needs. It is currently operating approximately 1300 stores around 27 countries worldwide, I believe they have opened two stores in New Delhi, India earlier this year :) Anyway, if you are even a little bit interested in beauty and makeup and want to check out Sephora, I highly recommend you open a Beauty Insider Reward account with them. It is free and you can open it online here. I believe you can also register in the store itself. As mentioned in their website, "Beauty Insider is your fast track to a never-ending supply of beauty rewards. It's free to join, and every dollar spent earns a point that gets you closer to your next beauty fix." :) You get upgraded to VIB (Very Important Beauty Insider) and VIB Rouge status with additional benefits once you spend $350 and $1000 respectively in a calendar year. I am enjoying the perks since last year and recently got upgraded to VIB, I guess it's time to be careful about not getting addicted :p 


One of the benefits of being a Beauty Insider is free birthday gifts :) Every year, Sephora teams up with a particular brand to design a Birthday kit consisting of deluxe products. For 2014, Make Up Forever partnered up with Sephora to bring out the "Celebrate For Ever" gift set, which contains the following two adorable products
  • Deluxe size Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in shade "N9"
  • Deluxe size Smoky Extravagant Mascara (Black)
I have been completely enjoying them since I got them in January! I love their sturdy black packaging. It's simple but very elegant-looking. And I just can't stop admiring how adorable, cute and tiny these are!
Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick: The lipstick weighs 1.5 g (0.05 0z); which is pretty decent considering the full size is 3.5 g. The shade N9 is an everyday rosy mauve shade, can also show up as a brownish pink nude depending on the pigmentation of your lips. It has a creamy formula with a sheen finish, very smooth in application and a perfect "My Lips but Better" color for my medium olive/tan skin-tone :) But I strongly feel, it's a universally flattering shade :) It pairs with smokey eye-look as perfectly as it goes with "no makeup makeup" look! I pick up this lipstick whenever I have no clue as to what lip color will go with my overall makeup. It does not have the longest staying power though, I get around 4 hrs of solid wear before needing to reapply. Other than that, I am pretty happy with it, and will surely repurchase!

Smoky Extravagant Mascara : I have been wearing this mascara quite regularly since I got it. I tend to favor enhanced natural lashes over crazy spidery look. This mascara delivers exactly that. It has a big curvy wand with nice tapered tip. The consistency is just perfect for me, not too thick or too watery. It lengthens my lashes and provides decent amount of volume, so I get a very lovely look from just two coats. You can even carefully layer it more without looking clumpy. It's very long wearing; I have put on my makeup "really" early in the morning and the mascara has stayed all day; many times. No smudging or flakiness, whatsoever! I am almost running out of it, and will definitely repurchase once I use up all the other mascaras in my stash.


As I said before, you can redeem it during your birthday month. Of course, you need to open your Beauty Insider account before your birthday and add your birth date to the account. You will be automatically prompted to include the kit to your cart in sephora.com during the allotted time frame. This way however, you will need to purchase additional merchandise product to claim the kit. You can also pick it up from Sephora stores without needing to purchase any other product. I researched a bit and found that if a member happens to forget to collect it during the time frame, or if he/she choses, Sephora can offer 100 points in their Beauty Insider account in place of the set.


If you haven't already missed it this year, go collect the freebies :), I am very impressed with this set and cannot wait to see what they offer next year, only 6 more months to find out :)

Love
~Arrru

No comments: