Friday, July 11, 2014

Deborah Lippman Nail Lacquer in "Mermaid's Dream"

I am not a huge nail fanatic so it's difficult for me to believe that I am writing about a nail polish in my blog. Like every other little girl, nail polish was one of the very first makeup items that I and my sister started with. Since then it has been a constant part of life, however small may be! That might be a reason why nail polish was never inspired me to jot down my feelings! Well, not until I got this baby in a kit from Sephora. And with a name like "Mermaid's Dream" how can I not feel inspired? So, here you go! :-)


Deborah Lippmann is a reputed celebrity manicurist who is much acclaimed in the beauty and fashion industry. She has her own line with a huge array of long wearing nail lacquers and high quality nail treatments. Fun fact: Music was her first love which is clearly visible in the fact that the names of the nail polishes are inspired by popular song names. Neat, right?

This deluxe size polish came in with few other awesome products in the "Summer Stash" kit from Sephora which is priced at $45. This polish weighs 0.27 oz. The full size product retails at $20 for 0.5 fl (15 ml). So this is more than half the size of the full size product, so I believe I got it at a good price. I don’t think I will ever be comfortable in paying $20 for a nail polish, hence this mini polish works best for me at a much fair price. The packaging of the tube is solid and very beautifully crafted! I like the curvy design, it seems to be a unique one for a nail polish. I like how slim is the handle, it makes it easier to apply! The brush is a regular one, slick and of regular width :-)

It is a textured nail polish so it feels mildly rough when you touch it. It’s a turquoise blue shade with tiny little speckles of dark and light blue. These speckles look absolutely beautiful when lights hit them. Overall, it's a gorgeous shade! Very gorgeous :-) I need 2 coats to get an even application; with one coat it showed off a bit streaky and 3 coats it gets a little too thick which I personally don’t prefer.

I used "Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat" with which it generally lasts for 4 days before I start to see minor chipping on the 5th day. Sometimes, I have seen minimal chipping on the 3rd or 4th day! But the good thing is it chips off gracefully, if you know what I mean :-) I can easily get off without needing re-application for a week. However on 2-3 toe nails it disappeared entirely on the 2nd day. That was very mysterious ;-) I think I applied more base coats because it perfectly last for LONG time when I applied without any base....ha ha!!! 

How adorable and how very appropriate is that name "Mermaids Dream"? I am little obsessed with product and shade "names"! I often wonder about the people who get to choose these names...it’s a cool job right? Anyway just like Deborah described the shade in her website, the shade, the speckles and the texture reminds me of the sea and of relaxed time. It makes me really happy and full of joy!! :-) It is a wonderful nail lacquer and I am totally loving my "Mermaid's Dream". I am sure you will enjoy it too, if you are going to pick it up, or in case you already own it :-)

Deborah Lippmann nail polishes are available in Ulta, Sephora, Nordstrom and a few other stores. Hope it was helpful and thank you for stopping by!! 

Love 
~Arrru

No comments: