Saturday, October 3, 2015

Influenster ::: YSL Black Opium Voxbox

Today I am sharing my thoughts on YSL "Black Opium" Eau de Perfum. First of all, I love the name - its sultry and seductive-just like the fragrance itself. I received the product free from Influenster for testing purpose. I am not a big fan of subscription boxes. But if someone is sending me free stuff I will thoroughly enjoy the opportunity :-)


I know this is a free item but for some reason I was hoping it would be a bit bigger. But this is 0.25 fl.oz. is size which is typically same as the deluxe bottle that Sephora some time offers as their 250 point reward perk. I have to admit- if not for Influenster I would not have picked this to try for myself. YSL is still an expensive brand for me :-)

As found in Sephora this is described as an addictive, floral scent with Coffee Accord, Orange Blossom, Cedar Wood Essence and Patchouli Essence notes. I am not very proficient is describing fragrances :-) ,  forgive me for that! It is quite a heavy, deep and rich fragrance. I can definitely detect a floral and yet kind of heavy sweetness in it. Staying power is very impressive; I can still find its presence on me at the end of the day. I have never been interested in fragrances before so I have not tried many! But thanks to little tiny samples with purchases from Sephora and Ulta, I have tested enough to realize that I am not the biggest fan of very rich heavy spicy notes. Light, clean and floral is what I prefer! I do like sexy spicy noted once in a while but they tend to give me headache when used rather regularly. I don't see myself buying a full-size but I do enjoy this bottle. I know very well that a lot of you out there will really enjoy this fragrance. 

By the way, the packaging is beyond gorgeous! It is a beautiful bottle in black with diamond like textured design. There is a clear window which I think is a nice touch! I am totally enjoying the luxe feeling I get while using this :-) So thank you again, Influenster. I look forward to more surprises :-)

Check out Influenster if you wanna try it out...it's totally free :-)

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: