Saturday, November 14, 2015

Sephora VIB Rouge Sale 2015 : Skincare Haul!!!

In light of ongoing Sephora VIB sale, I posted my thoughts on some of the holiday goodies a few days back (check the post here). This weekend 20% sale is active for VIB members. I am a VIB Rouge member, and previously Rouge members could use the coupon throughout the entire sale period, but this year it’s on different weekends depending on the tier of your membership. So, sadly the code is not working for Rouge members online for this weekend. However, the awesome associates at my local Sephora store did give me 20% off today as well :-)

Anyway, like I shared in my previous post, I restrained myself from buying a TON of makeup but I certainly went crazy on the skincare front. In my defense ,- I know that I will use up these products. Besides some of these are going to be gifts. Here is what I picked up -


All these are for gifting :-) :-)

L'Occitane Shea Butter Festive Ornament: This is the cutest little ornament! I originally bought it as a gift but now I am totally tempted. It comes in a beautiful festive globe that is very delicately packaged. The products here are very small in size but the overall presentation makes it a very adorable gift. I stock these types of small luxury gift able items for my home visits every one or two years! They are friendly to my wallet, easy to pack in my suitcase and my friends & family love them. Even though they are small in size, quality wise they are just fantastic.

Bvlgari Eau Parfumée White Tea Gift Set: This is another tiny little delightful set. Again, the items are not big in size, but are packaged very beautifully. I know this will make a wonderful gift for some I gift these to. I am even tempted to pick another set. It will also make a great stocking stuffer! I usually prefer to bundle up 2-3 small gifts like this; instead of a large gift because I think this way the recipient has a better chance of liking something :-)

Jack Black The Power Pack: These two sets are named the same, the red set has a beard lube and the blue one has a body shower in place of that. I have not used any of Jack Black’s products myself but I have gifted a few of my friends and they all liked it. I typically buy smaller set that are just $25 but very substantially sized! This year I picked up this bigger pack for my father. He actually used up the entire set I gave him last year and my sister tells me that he quite liked it. The other set I bought is for a dear friend who, I know for sure, loves these products. If you are looking for gift ideas for your male cousins, friends or family members, Jack Black has a few interesting sets.

Bliss Lemony Trinkets: I got 2 of this. It is going to be another mix-and-match gift. Originally priced at $10 but brought down to $7.50! Even though the products are just 1 oz. each, this kit is so simple and yet comes in a very festive holiday type of packaging! Definitely a very good stocking stuffer as well.


Tocca Beauty Crema Veloce Gift Set: Tocca Beauty is one of those brands that I always keep browsing but never gather the courage to indulge in any full size products. I just try to test out as many cute little sets as I can! :-) Last year, I gave a similar set to my sister and she absolutely loved it. So I figured I will try their hand cream myself. It may as well be added as gift I don’t know lol! It is a very nice single item gift too! They have a set with 5 hand creams, but I think the value on this one is much better.

This is what I got for myself and my sister :-)

Origins Let Us Glow: This is a set that I am very excited about. During the VIB sale last Spring, I scored a similar set that had a big-size “GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer “! I have been using it for last 2-3 weeks and I have absolutely fallen in love. It’s a very light moisturizer with gel like creamy consistency. The invigorating, mildly zesty smell immediately awakens me in the morning! Works excellent under makeup as well. I have tried a sample of the Original Skin Mask, the first trial has not been as amazing as some of their other mask but I am sure it is a good product. Also, I am getting low on my current scrub; hence I am excited to try this Ginzing scrub as well. And I know that the eye cream will last a long time.

Caudalie Favorites Winter Set: I believe I am a bit obsessed with Caudalie, and have already many of their products! I have already gone through 2 of their 2014 Favorites Set! The more I use them the more I enjoy! Caudalie is quite an expensive range, so I tend to get these kits to try more products! I love the elixir for winter, especially here in the Windy City. Also, absolutely adore the moisturizer for summer because it’s light and very moisturizing. The hand cream is another favorite! I may be addicted to its fragrance. Also over the past few weeks my eyes have been little sensitive, and I really enjoyed their very gentle micellar water makeup remover. I am pretty excited about the remover that comes in this. 

Caudalie Vine Body Luxury Set:  Another set from Caudalie. If you enjoy mild fragrance in your products but cannot tolerate a strong smell, you should check out Caudalie products. They have very refreshing and very mild fragrance which is not at all overwhelming. Their Lip Conditioner is without doubt the best I have tried (Yes, even better than the Sugar lip treatment). But I refuge to pay 12$ for a full-size. Also, I love body butters and I can never have enough! My dry skin and the harsh winter here definitely call for heavy moisturizer! I look forward to use the Vine Body Butter.

Caudalie Moisture Essentials Set: Yes, my room is looking like a mini Caudalie boutique! The price of the regular size moisturizer alone is $39 and this here is a full size. Basically you are getting the other 2 products free! I have already used all of these products before, so this set was a no brainer J


Boscia Japanese Favorites: I have been intrigued by Boscia for quite a while now! So I figured now is the time to try. It contains 1.7 oz. Thermal Black Cleanser, 0.44 oz. Tsubaki Beauty Oil, 1 oz. Luminizing Black Mask, 1.7 oz. Exfoliating Peel Gel. I will report back once I have used them enough to form an opinion.

Philosophy Purely New Beginnings Purity Cleansing Collection Trio: Another kickass sale item.16 oz. Cleanser with 4 oz. mask and 5.8 oz. cleansing oil for $30 after sale! :-) I have recently used up a big bottle of the Purity Made Simple Cleanser and I sure miss it in my routine. Also, I am always on a hunt for a good makeup remover so we shall see how this works out.

Murad Environmental Shield® Skin Brightening Set: I mainly wanted to try out the “Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum” on the scarring left behind from some nasty acnes! I love the size, I don’t know if I am going to use this right away so it might be awhile before I try and report back to you.

Sephora Favorites Beauty Sleep: I simply picked this set because it has a few luxury skincare products from brands that are very expensive and which I never buy at regular price! The sizes are not at all generous. But after discount, the set cost me 24$ which is alone the price for the much hyped Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night oil. We will see how it works :-)

The sale is on till 11/16 and I hope this will help you in choosing what to get if you are shopping this weekend! Even though you are not a VIB member, these are all value sets and you will anyway save some money. Do check out my thoughts on the makeup sets here.

I will post what makeup I actually picked up from the sale next. Stay tuned. :-)

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: