Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Play! by Sephora ::: October 2016!!!

For a welcome change, this month’s play was actually good. All of the items were relatively new and has been getting positive hype :-) I am quite excited about all 5 items in this box actually. Lets start with a product that I already have and love :-)


Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in “Driver’s Seat”: I bought this formula a while ago in the limited edition shade “Bawse” (check review here). This is a deluxe size tube which is actually a very good size for lipstick hoarders like me. I absolutely loved that they kept the applicator is same as the regular size one. The sharp edges of the diamond shape applicator makes it super easy to line my lips and fill it in! The shade is a beautiful peachy-mauve shade. It has more of warm orange type of undertone than a mauvy pink one! I can definitely wear it but personally I prefer shades a little bit deeper on my skin-tone.  


The Estee Edit Flash Photo Gloss: Another product that I really liked. It is quite glossy but in a very good way! I have applied it over the Smashbox lipstick and I kid you not, the combo stayed the whole day. It survived breakfast, lunch, a few snacks and of course multiple cups of water. It did not feather or bleed or loose pigmentation and the gloss stayed the entire time. It is not sticky at all. I am really loving it. I did try it over a bite lip pencil but it disappeared about middle of the day.


All these 3 products below I have not tried yet. My skin took a major hit with the 3 week vacation in India. It was very hot, I think that agitated my skin and now there are pimples all over my face. So, I am giving my skin a much-needed break. But I, absolutely am excited about all 3 of these.

Erborian Bamboo Crepe Frappe: What a name! :-) It’s a Korean brand so I have high hopes. It’s a tiny sample though!

Farmacy Skin Dew Mist: This is probably the most exciting product for me. It is a skin mist that can be used to freshen or set makeup. I am really looking forward to using it. 


Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask: In my mind, you can never have enough hair mask. However, I got my hair chemically smoothened recently so I am a little hesitant to use it right now! But I will definitely use it in a few months. Depending on the size, this will last me 3 to 4 times.
Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris: it described as a scent with fruity and floral notes over a musky base. I am not a fan! It feels a bit dated for my preference.

Overall, I was really happy to find all these products in my box! What do you think?

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: