Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Monthly Favorites ::: May 2017

I have some exciting and relatively new products for this month`s favorite. This is rare for me; typically, I always end up using or loving older products from my collection with just one or two new staff. I am well aware that this is almost mid-June but my parents are here with me and I am trying to spend as much time as I can with them, obviously blogging has taken a backseat. No regret though!



Diorskin Nude Air Luminizer in 001 and 003: First- it is luxury product and for me it was an indulgent purchase! But the best thing about this is that I love the formula! I absolutely adore the shades as well, I love how easy it is to layer and blend! Love the wet glossy look it gives me and I enjoy how long it stays on me. Overall a very well performing luxury product that makes me feel happy.


Marc Jacobs Omega Coconut Bronzer in TanTastic: Oh, another luxury purchase! I have shared here my exhaustive story on how I ended up buying this. You can also see detailed review and swatches! I have said before, I can make the shade work but it is not necessarily the best on my skin tone. I am really loving the formula; the smell is unnecessary but a nice-feel good detail! The powder is very soft, easy to pick up and apply. It blends beautifully. It is quite buildable which is a very good quality in a bronzer. And, I absolutely adore the white packaging.

Colourpop Pressed Shadows in Come and Get it & High Strung: I rarely use Colourpop Super Shock shadows, But I do really LOVE them. When they come out with pressed eyeshadows I did not pay attention! These past few weeks, they were running a promotion of 3 eyeshadows @ 10$ and I picked up three shades. I got High Strung, Come and Get It & Sandbar. 
I wanted to get colors that are satin or shimmer but is appropriate and fast for a no- fuss `wear to work` look. These two shades fit the bill perfectly and I actually find them to be interesting. I knew for sure that these will be good but I did not expect to fall in love with them. I have used both shades with or without primer and both times they perform beautifully. I can just use my fingertips to apply this on the lid and if I don’t have time I can skip using a crease shade. They still remain wearable. I actually have been wearing just `Come and Get It` on the lid alone with a lot of mascara. It is an intense duo chrome of peach and gold. I prefer this  just a little bit more than `High Strung`.


Lakme 9 to 5 Matte Lipstick: Lakme is a nostalgic brand for me. I keep buying products from them because it reminds me of my home ! I don't  necessarily see myself loving their product enough to put in a favorite.  But this month, I am really enjoying this this matte lipstick. It’s a great everyday lipstick shade on me.

Makeup Geek Cosmetics (MUG) Eyeshadows in Tuscan Sun and Crème Brule: MUG was unbelievably reigning the single-pan sector for last 3 or 4  years. But with the new Colourpop pressed shadows having very similar (or comparable) quality at slightly affordable prices coupled with free shipping above 35$ will surely create fierce competition for MUG. But that’s beside the point! Today I am just trying to share my love for this beautiful warm soft coral called Tuscan Sun.  It is so pigmented and blends like a dream without much effort. Its a versatile shade too! I wear it on the crease with shades like `Come & Get It` or `High Strung`, I can also pair it with cooler shades like navy blue or pewter to bring a little bit of warmth on my eyes. I have also worn it all over the lid and it looks very beautiful and happy. Crème Brulee appeared in last year`s favourite. I think this the most used MUG shadow for me. It is almost the same as my skin tone. So I love to use it on my crease, especially if I go  too heavy with my colorful crease shades. It acts like an eraser and can make the blending much smoother. I love this shade, & I can see hitting pan this year. Check detailed review here.


Tell me more about your favorites this month or rather last month :-)

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: