Monday, May 16, 2016

Kevyn Aucoin Beauty Pure Powder Glow in "Myracle" ::: Review and Swatches!!!


As a makeup lover and pro Internet browser I am very much aware of the iconic makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin and the cosmetics brand he founded in 2001. He is definitely very intriguing person and someday I intend to read his best sellers book like “Face Forward”, “Making Faces”! His products are more sophisticated and bear a reputation of being technically correct as far as the formulation of the products is compared against the usage of them. In simple words, his philosophies as makeup artist are far more important than the pressure of “selling” a product! I have never been fascinated much in his products as I think that I am still learning and it’s still a bit of time till I will consider myself to be able to do his products justice :-) Also the sheer prices of the products intimate me!

I finally had a chance to try a Kevyn Aucoin product. I got the Pure Powder Glow Blush in Mryacle in the Lucky Bag for 2016 that is curated by Beautylish. (Read more about Lucky Bag here)


These blushes are retailed at a price of $37. I am not sure if I am personally willing to pay that much for a blush alone. But because I got it in Lucky Bag, I paid much less. Packaging is gorgeous, very robust and the compact has an ombre look to it. My only complaint is about the closure of the compact. It opens up under just a tiny bit of pressure and I am always afraid that it will open up and the product will get ruined. That is why I try to keep it inside the cloth purse that it came with, especially when I am travelling. You can buy this blush from Beautylish, Sephora, Nordstrom and Barneys.



I have totally fallen in love with it. It’s quite a bright shade. I did have a few similar shades from different brands and may be for that reason I did not try it for a long time! It took me a while to appreciate this shade. However, I am loving it now. It made it to my Monthly Favorites last month as well. It’s matte in finish but works fine with my dry skin.  It’s a tad powdery but I don’t find that a problem! It’s a much pigmented product, so I use a fluffy brush and apply it very carefully. I always use light strokes first and build up the color intensity as needed. It is very blendable so I usually apply 2-3 light layers. The shade has such a brightening affect. I think it has a blue undertone to it but I have paired it with nude lips or with bright warm red lips, warm eyeshadows and it definitely works great! It immediately brings so much light to my face and makes me look so healthy! I usually get around 7-8 hrs. of wear time. I took this with me to India this time and this is what I applied on my sister for her engagement ceremony. It held up beautifully throughout the very busy in hot humid weather :-) I also wore the same shade. It shade also perfectly flattered all the bright Indian dress we were wearing (You can check a few pictures from the event here).


I am so glad that my Lucky Bag contained this! If you don’t hesitate to invest $37 in a blush, I would definitely recommend it. Especially if you are looking for deeper, bolder pigmented shades, this line has quite a few to offer.

Love,
-Arrru

No comments: