Thursday, May 4, 2017

Monthly Favorites ::: April 2017

Lets get to the point straight away; here are my April Favorites -


Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color in Plum: First of all, I enjoy the name of the product! It is effortlessly chic without sounding "trying-too-hard to appear cool"! Secondly, and most importantly, I love the product. I have this in 3 shades and I have been wearing “Plum” non-stop for past 1-2 months.  I got this shade in a Sephora Favorites "Extravagant Eyes" set (reviewed here). It was a great deal. Anyway, I am using it as an imperfect, just-there eyeliner, I am using it on my inner rim or as a base on my lid for other powder shadows. I am LOVING it! It is of very soft & creamy consistency, glides on like a dream and gives me about 30 secs to blend or smudge before it sets. It holds up quite nicely throughout the day. I see it shrinking when I use it as eyeliner after 8-9 hrs.!


Cover FX Custom Infusion Drops in C+Lemongrass: I have slowly started to fall in love with Cover FX as a brand. This product is stated to be “An active, vitamin-rich concentrate that can be used alone to hydrate and treat the skin, or can be infused into any product in your beauty regimen while offering the benefits of a potent, super-strength, hydrating serum." You can use it on its own or mix with your foundation, moisturizer etc. I know that you can use any skincare oil to do the same but I feel that they somehow alter the consistency of my foundation. This on the other hand, merges seamlessly with the foundation and makes it soft and hydrating without affecting the coverage or the formula.  I am not sure if I will like it in summer but past few months I have been really enjoying it while concocting my foundation! I add Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops and Custom Drops, Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation with one or two drops of this Infusion Drops – LOVING the result.


NARS Blush in Goulue: Look how adorable is this little blush! I got this as VIB Rouge Gift for 2016. I love the shade.- It is a deep muted maroon-rosey shade. More fitting for fall rather than Spring/Summer. But I am not one to care! I have been doing a lot of colorful eye looks this month and I quite enjoy using it with those looks. It gives my cheeks some healthy color without being too competitive with my eyes. Very pigmented but easy to blend and has excellent staying power. It appears to have some sheen but on application the glitters does not really make my porous acne-ridden cheek look bad.


Tarte Shape Tape Contouring Concealer in Tan Sand: I just reviewed it here. If you check the blogpost you will know why I have conflicting thought on this. But it has legitimately earned a place in this post! Like I said, I am doing a lot of colorful look this month and this concealer has been great in hiding my under-eye darkness and in brightening that area against those colorful looks. I don’t wear foundation every day and without a proper base this concealer just looks weird because it so full-coverage. I am bummed that I cannot wear it every day but I sure enjoy it with fully glamorous looks.


Marc Jacobs Beauty Style Eye-Con No.7 in The Siren 210: This is a limited-edition palette and is not available anymore. So, I will be brief. I love the warm neutral shades with which I can create some beautiful looks that can be simple or very glamorous. And you know my love affair with blue shadows; I am definitely a big fan of all those shades. These are very pigmented shades with great wear time. They mix well with each other to create custom shades. Last but not the least, the palette is just so photogenic.


What are you loving this month?

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: