Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Monthly Favorites ::: January 2016

I am currently watching a ton of “January Favorites” videos in YouTube to unwind from a long, hectic work-day! And I am totally inspired to share my very favorites this month as well! If you are a regular reader of “Discovering Me”, you may already notice that I don’t publish monthly favorites post. I simply feel that I never have enough products to talk about on a monthly basis.

But anyway, here are my January Favorites  :-)



Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water (1 oz./$16): I have very dry skin! Something like this is always intriguing to me! The name has 'water' in it, so it seems like a gimmicky product at an expensive price. But it really works! I got one last October in this travel size bottle in 2015 Sephora Favorites set (reviewed here) and I have been using it since! I also bought a full-size! I love how it makes my makeup application appear super smooth! No matter how carefully I exfoliate, I always end up with a few dry, flaky patches here and there on my face. Before I apply my foundation, I spritz this on my face, especially on the flaky, dry area. If I want to extend the wear time of my makeup, I spritz it again after I am done applying everything :-) I am absolutely enjoying this product :-)

rms beauty Living Luminizer (5.67 g./$38): Ever since I heard about this luminizer more than two years ago, I have been waiting very patiently to get my hands on it! And now that I finally have this in my collection (courtesy Beautylish Lucky Bag 2016, reviewed here), I cannot stop wearing it :-) It is a certified organic product, so you know it has “good-for-your-skin” ingredients! It gives me such a beautiful, natural, glowy-healthy look and yet, if I want that “va-va-voom” highlighter look, I can definitely build it up to get just that. Also, it stays put the entire day! I will have a detailed review very very soon, but you should know that I am “head over heels” in love with this.



Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick in "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" (0.12 oz./$30): This mini lipstick is a part of this year's free Birthday gift from Sephora! I love this formula; creamy and opaque, applies smoothly to give even coverage in single swipe and stays almost the whole day. I was mainly wearing it to test it out for review but I grew fond of it and have been wearing it a lot during January. I specially love to wear it on days when I want to look a little more put-together and a little more feminine :-) I will have a detailed post on this gift perk soon!

Viseart Eyeshadow Palette in "04 -Dark Matte": Can you see the sophisticated and synchronized riot of colors in this palette? My heart leaps with joy :-) I bought it during the last Sephora VIB Sale and I am just taking my sweet little time in enjoying this palette without being in a hurry to post a review (I will definitely post one) :-) I can already tell that it is going to be in my yearly favorites as well. I am a color-crazy person at heart and these are some of the exquisite shades that I can easily incorporate in my everyday work-look. The blendability, pigmentation and staying power; basically the overall quality of these shadows is just immaculate. I love every single shade! A detailed review to follow :-)

I truly hope you enjoyed my very first monthly favorites post! I am not sure if this is going to be a regular thing here but I am going to try my very best!

What have you been loving this month?

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: