Sunday, February 28, 2016

Monthly Favorites ::: February 2016

It has been a crazy week at work; insane hours leading to lots of unhealthy meals and lost hrs. of sleep. On top of that, I went to the parlor today to get my eyebrows done and they completely screwed it up! Basically, it has been a stressful week!


But, I have my February Favorites to talk about. So I will stop complaining and let myself loose in the beautiful world of makeup! I started to write Monthly Favorites only from last month and I am so happy that I am sticking to my resolution. I have not been trying a lot of new products, and that has helped me go back to some of my old and forgotten products. Here are all of my February favorites - old and new!!



MAC Satin Lipstick in “Amorous”: I am not a die-hard MAC fan. That may have something to do with the fact that I have not experimented with a ton of MAC products. However, I love every single thing that I have! Sometime last year, I did extensive research on “Best MAC lipsticks on Indian Skin tone” and many recommended this. And I am happy to report that it is very flattering on me. I love the finish; it’s neither overly creamy nor very drying like their matte lipsticks. More than the finish, I LOVE the shade. You may already know that I am a color-craving beauty junkie at heart so it is a bit difficult for me to stick to neutral shades to wear to work every day. So I love this type of atypical nude shades to switch things up at times. This month I have been wearing it constantly. It described as “Loverstruck Cranberry” but I see it as a beautiful neutral deep-mauve shade with a lot of muted purple in it. It is an excellent everyday shade on me with enough spark of color to keep things interesting for me. It gets a bit dry after 6-7 hrs, but, otherwise the staying power is excellent. 

Wayne Goss Brush 05: This is a VERY expensive brush and I don’t think I would buy this at its regular price. I don’t think this brush is not a very important brush to spend so much money on! My pencil brush from Makeup Geek works just fine.  However, having said that I have to admit that now that I have this brush, I have been wearing eyeshadow on my lower lash line very frequently. I got this brush in Lucky Bag 2016 from Beautylish and I can almost see why Wayne Goss brushes are so popular! It’s wonderfully soft and a delight to work with! 

Becca Blushes in “Wild Honey” and “Songbird”: I have these blushes for a long time now and I do wear them a lot with smokey eyes, or on days when I want bronzey-shiney goodness! But this month I remembered that I never wrote a post on these. So I took them out from my drawer and wore it just so I could review! And I am not able to put them down. I have not been wearing a ton of makeup to work this month but I am grabbing for this two interchangeably to get some fast and easy color to my cheeks and make me look alive :-) Becca products have incredible staying power; no need to worry about touching up! Songbird is peach warm nude with a lot of pink in it where as Wild Honey is much more nude! I prefer Songbird just a tiny bit more.





These next two products aren’t technically “monthly favorites” as I have been using them since the latter half of ’15. But I never really noticed or admitted that I really enjoy them!

Too-Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in (Medium to Deep): I bought a small value set from Sephora (reviewed here). I have been using this bronzer every day since then! It’s easier to carry around when I am travelling! And because it’s a travel size product, I feel encouraged to use it up because I know I can finish it soon and move on to the next bronzer without getting bored. As you can see I have hit pan :-)! It’s very matte and the color is not too warm or cool! Great for everyday use, it gives me a very faint hint of warmth and I can really pile it on without risking to look muddy. It fades very gracefully as well! There are definitely some other bronzers in my collection that I like a lot more than this but it’s definitely a strong favorite.

Touch In Sol “Stretchex Stretch Lash Effect Mascara”: It was from a Sephora Favorites Superstars set (reviewed here) during last holiday season. I have been using it ever since and now it is in its last leg! I have to share that I am not a “hard-to-please” critique of mascaras! I love natural lashes; as long as a mascara gives me separate defined lashes and is easy to take off at night, I don’t need a lot for mascaras to impress me. This one does not offer much volume but it gives me a lot of length! I love the brush too, it’s easier to use on my small eyes. It also comes off easy with cotton absorbed in hot water. It has become a bit dry now so it has got a bit difficult to remove but I still love it! :-)

I hope you enjoyed this little round-up of my favorites! You can check out my favorites post here. Tell me what you have been loving this month?

Love,
-Arrru

No comments: