Sunday, August 16, 2015

Limited Edition “Too Faced Most Loved Set”: Review and Swatches!!!

These are my very first products from Too Faced Cosmetics! I did receive a bronzer a while back with Beauty 101 Sephora Favorites set inside JC Penny but that is still untouched. Actually, a very few products from Too Faced generates interest in my mind. Mainly their packaging is girly and cute …which is not really my style.


I have previously shared that I am fanatic for Sephora (and Ulta) Value Sets :-) In these sets you get a few of their most popular and best-selling products to try out at a very justifiable price. I saw this newly created set and thought of giving it a try! If you are a beginner in makeup or beginner to the brand these are just perfect. Here are some other kits of similar nature.

This limited-edition set has 5 of their innovative and must-have products at a price of $25. By simple calculation, you will pay $5 of each item. I went a bit further and found that based on price per weight ratio this set is worth $43. You can find the link to shop the set here


Hangover Replenishing Face Primer: This is a relatively new product in their line. I have been skipping primers a lot during the summer. So, I believe the very true test of this product will be in the winter when I cannot simply imagine wearing any type of foundation without primer. On application it is very cooling on my face and it worked well with my foundation and it did give me a nice canvas to work on. I like it but I don’t find it overwhelming impressive, yet. Plus, for a face primer it is a very small size…It will hardly last for a week of usage – at best.

Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer: Even though I said I hate their packaging; I do actually like the vintage-y looking design of these tubes! The product has a hint of color in it so it can cover up any redness or vein in your lids. I don’t have oily lids; but it did perform as well as any other primer I use. Plus this size will be perfect for travelling.


Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer in "Medium/Deep": I have been pretty happy with the two bronzers that I use regularly – Bare Minerals First Resort Bronzer and Lorac Tantalizer, both of which I have reviewed earlier. I do not really appreciate the cardboard plastic type packaging; it simply kind of appears cheap. The bronzer smells like chocolate and it’s a cool toned shade! But it still warms you up and is very easy to blend. I still favor my other two bronzers but this is a nice alternative for some days!

Melted Long Wear Lipstick inMelted Fig: I will admit that this was the product that I was most excited about! I have finally and slowly started to experiment with purple lip shades. And I LOVE, LOVE it. I don’t understand why it took me this long to jump in the “Too Faced Melted Lipstick” bandwagon! I love the rich and opaque formula; because of the unique applicator it is easy to apply too and stays all day. I wore it at 7 am and it was still there, bold and strong till the time I reached home around 6 pm surviving 1 cup of coffee, lunch, and several snacks! I have been wearing it a lot these days and I am super impressed. “Fig“ is a muted mid-tone purple with a lot of mauve which makes it very wearable on my skin tone. I am really very happy with this!

Better Than Sex Mascara: This is one insanely popular mascara in the world of beauty! Maybe because it’s genuinely good or maybe because of its quirky name. I have a ton of mascara to try out; hence have not opened this and used it yet - I will definitely share my thoughts when I do. But, I like the shape of the wand!  


So, my first experience with Too Faced has been really good! Affordable price for 5 universal products, comprehensive products to wear every day and I am in love with the lipstick. Apart from really tiny face primer size and the cheap packaging for the bronzer, I am really enjoying this set. I will highly recommend this! Especially if you are looking for travel-sized goodies, or if just want to dip your toes into the Too Faced world!

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: