Friday, June 10, 2016

My first ever Play! by Sephora :::: May 2016

I have mentioned many different times that I don’t have any particular interest in Subscription Boxes. But, I do have irresistible interest in Sephora and everything that Sephora offers! :-) So, when I first heard of Sephora Play, I could not decide if I wanted to opt in! Luckily, it did not lunch in my city. When I was in India this April, I got an email stating that Play is now available for Chicago :-) and I could not fight the curiosity.


Play by Sephora is a subscription offered by my beloved Sephora :-) It is $10 per month and comes with 5 deluxe products available in Sephora and a bonus fragrance sample. Every month, the box is curated with a theme in mind and they include a pamphlet describing as much as they can about the products. This month was my very first Play box and to be 100% honest, I have not been able to test out all the products. Today I am sharing a very brief overview of the box.

This month’s theme was “The Forces of Nature”. It included products that are made of high performance ingredients that are supposedly “good” for your skin. I loved the packaging of the box. It comes in a cardboard package in typical black-and-white Sephora prints. I adore the cloth bag that the products came in and I am pretty sure I would repurpose the bag. Let’s discuss the products that I have tried first.

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche in Kimchi: I have been using Bite Product for a long time. They are made of food-grade ingredients; that alone is enough to make me feel excited about the product. I appreciate this product in this box. It is quite pigmented, so this tiny deluxe size will last you a long time. “Kimchi” is a neon fuchsia shade; very bright, very beautiful. However, I don’t think this color flatters my skin tone. It ends up looking a bit ashy; also I much preferred their Rouge Crème formula which is now unfortunately discontinued (Yes, I am still very sad about that).

Tarte Tarteist Lip Crayon in Latergram: Fancy name for a lipliner; don’t you think? Anyway, I enjoy the tiny, compact packaging of the liner. It will be great for travelling and it will be easier to use up. I have heard people complaining that because the liner itself is so tiny, the product itself breaks off a lot. That has not happened to me though! It has a nice consistency; a bit thick which is not bad for a lipliner. I like the shade as well, a pretty everyday shade!


Origins Maskimizer + Drink Up & Clear Improvement Masks: I am actually super excited about this maximizer, I am interested to see if this actually does something or it’s just some unnecessary marketing gimmick. I may try to use this during the weekend. The clear improvement charcoal mask is an absolute must have for me so it’s always great to have a travel packet.

Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial: I have used their Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial and I absolutely love using it when my skin is espaically dehadrated and patchy. I am pretty hopeful that I would like this one too. My yogurt one is almost empty and I am excited to try this one out.


Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask: I am not someone who tries a lot of hair products! But somehow I end up buying them anyway. :-) This is a very new brand in Sephora and although I am typically a tad bit nervous about trying new product on my hair, I think I could use some hydration :-) I used it today and it made me realize that it will give me only one or two usage for my long hair. That was a bummer. Anyway, it was an average product, I mean it was same as my regular conditioner, and I am not yet impressed enough to replace that. I will keep trying though!

So, here is the first Sephora Play that I received, I still have not deliberately thought about the price and the value of the box. But I am contented enough to try for a few more months! And then I will decide.

Have a wonderful weekend, guys!

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: