Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Play! by Sephora ::: June 2016

Today I have a review of this month's Sephora Play (check here)! It is a subscription service offered by my beloved Sephora :-)  It is $10 per month and comes with 5 deluxe products available in Sephora and a bonus fragrance sample. Every month, the box is curated with a theme in mind and they include a pamphlet describing as much as they can about the products. This month's theme was "The Minimalists"; Sephora definitely succeed in curing a box with products fitting to the theme! I have had a few of these products before and I am excited to share my views on the box :-)  


TARTE Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30: I have finished one or two sample packets of this before and I was almost ready to buy the full size. Absolutely beautiful consistency for a sunscreen! It does not feel greasy, applies smoothly and very easy to wear under makeup. And  thanks to the handy note in the box :-), I finally know what broad spectrum means :-) It’s tiny little bottle and it will hardly last me 7-10 days but nonetheless it is a good product to have.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter: Definitely another exciting product in this month’s bag. Becca released this product sometime last year and looks like it has become a definite favorite in the beauty community. I have had this before in “Becca Blushed Radiance Set” (reviewed here) and for some reason I did not enjoy it back then! I found it thick to blend and it remained a bit patchy at some places. However, I decided to give it another try and I am totally enjoying it now! I must have had dry, very dehydrated skin during the first trial. I am using this for the last 3-4 days and I enjoy the subtle glow it provides! I have worn it underneath liquid foundation and surprisingly my skin has not looked oily through out the day The other day with this on underneath a full-face of makeup, I took a 3.5 mile long walk in additin to my daily chores :-) and my makeup stayed perfectly on! (Yes, I sometime go for exercise-walk with full face of makeup) :-) I have worn it alone as well, and I like it that way too! It smells so nice; almost spicy but very clean and fresh at the same time! Very, very invigorating! My only complaint is the pump; it is a bit difficult to control and squirts out a bit much than what I need. I hope the full size bottle does not have the same issue.

I am wearing the primer and the bronzer here.


BARE MINERALS bareSkin Sheer Sun Bronzer: I love the name “Sheer Sun”. This was the product that I was most excited about, mainly because my all-time favorite bronzer is from Bare Minerals. Sheer Sun is a quite a liquid-y product. When I drop it on the palm of my hand it looks a bit dark however upon application is blends very well into my skin/or foundation and provides a very natural warmth! Hence the name “sheer sun”, I guess! :-) personally, I enjoy a bronzer that has a little more warmth to it. I am also not very open to this liquid of a product. Nonetheless, makeup is for playing, for having fun and for discovering new products along the way! :-) I have been really liking it so far! Its quite a small sample though, if I use daily, I can see myself finishing it in 10-12 days.

BUMBLE AND BUMBLE Don’t blow it: this is the only product I have not tried out yet. I don’t style my hair per se and I don’t typically switch up my hair routine as well. But looks like Sephora Play Box has one hair product every month and that can get a bit problematic for me.

BENEFIT COSMETICS They’re Real!  Mascara: Dear Sephora, please stop putting this mascara in every little kit you can! I am so annoyed with it. Because of my love for value sets and gift sets I already have collected atleast 4-5 of theis. I don’t like this mascara at all; I mean it gives a bit of volume but it looks so spikey. I don’t like the wand and I absolutely abhor how difficult it is to wash off.

TOCCA BEAUTY Beauty Florence: every Play box comes with a bonus fragrance which is always a good thing :-) I love this brand and I have tried a few of their fragrances before! This is definitely a favorite :-) It reminds me of all the tacky fragrance from childhood but so much elegance and sophisticated in it :-)


Overall, I like this month’s box than last month's. The samples are really petite in size however I can see myself using all of these. Who else subscribes to Sephora Play? :-)

Love
~Arrru

No comments: