Saturday, March 19, 2016

Best Of Becca "Blushed Radiance" ::: Review & Swatches!!!

There is something about Becca that I cannot simply resist :-) I have enough from them already. Those will last me a long time as all of their products are super crazily pigmented and I shouldn’t need anymore. Yet, when Becca puts out these little sets I simply have to buy them.


Today I am talking about this limited edition set called “Best of Becca Blushed Radiance” available in Ulta Beauty. Their 21 Day’s of Beauty events are also going on! Anyway, I have been really wanting to try their comparatively new primer and “Flower Child” mineral blush has always interested me. So I thought that will provide me enough of a justification to indulge in this set. 

The retail price of this set is 34.50$ and as I said it’s only available in Ulta Beauty (shop here). It contains the following
  • Mineral Blush in Flower Child (0.087 oz)
  • Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal (0.085 oz)
  • Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight Wand in Moonstone (0.17 oz)
  • Backlight Priming Filter (0.2 oz)


Here is a break down of the prices

Product
Full Size/Price
Size in this kit
Price in this kit
Mineral Blush in Flower Child
0.04 oz./10 $
0.087 oz.
13.92 $
Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal
0.25 oz./38 $
0.085 oz.
12.92 $
Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight Wand in Moonstone
1.7 oz./41 $
0.17 oz.
4.1 $
Backlight Priming Filter
1 oz./38 $
0.20 oz.
7.6 $
                                                                                                                 Total Value= 38.54$
There is a bit of savings however I don’t think it is not an incredibly awesome deal. Previous sets from Becca have been of much better value than this. It is still saves you some money in comparison to buying full-size product, especially if you are new to the brand! 


Here are the products:

Mineral Blush in Flower Child: I have three of their mineral blushes (Songbird, Wild Honey and Hyacinth). Flower Child is a shade that has been available in their line for a long time now. I like that this is in deluxe size. It’s a muted neutral light peachy-pinky shade with some shimmer! It’s a lot lighter than I expected! I recently reviewed their Wild Honey and Songbird here. Flower Child is much cool-toned than both. Anyway, I love this formula; it does not emphasize my pores unlike some of my other blushes. The wear time is admirable too! If they ever launches deluxe sizes “Lantana” and “Nightingale” I am going to grab them immediately.

Wearing Flower Child on the cheeks, Backlight primer underneath, Opal on the lids and one of the cheekbone, Moonstone on the other cheekbone
Backlight Priming Filter: I was itching to try this ever since it launched. Now that I have tried, I am kind of on fence about it. I love it and yet not that much. It smells incredible; a bit herbal-y, very cooling and fresh! I love the smell! This is a potent product so you need just a bit. But the pump is somehow hard to control and it dispenses a bit more product than I need for one application. Being true to Becca’s ‘luminous’ approach, this primer also provides a lot of glow. :-) I love that but at times under different lights I feel it is bit much. May be I am still figuring out the right amount of product to be used. As a primer it acts great. It gave me a nice canvas for the foundation and it stayed nicely till I removed it. It appeared a tad bit shiny when I first put it on and that shininess increases over the hrs. just a little bit more. But I am worried that during summer it may end up looking greasy by the end of the day. By the way it is a super tiny bottle, if I use it every day I can see myself finishing this in no more than 2-3 weeks.
Opal, heavily applied

Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal: At this point, I think I have all the shimmering skin perfectors from them, in one form or other. This is one of their super popular products.  The previous set titled “Best of Becca” contained Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone and the wand in Opal! I like that these are not repeat products. It’s a very very pale gold. It’s quite strongly pigmented. I feel like it’s a bit stronger than their other shades! I have the wand version and that comes off as normal natural. I still adore it though :-)

Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight Wand in Moonstone: Moonstone has a little bit more pink in it than Opal, personally I love it a bit more. It’s a closer shade to my skin tone and hence it’s easier to pull off on a daily basis. In this liquid form, it is more versatile to use too. You can add this to your foundation to add some brightness as well. It is very easy to apply. I can wear it underneath or above my foundation for my somewhat dry skin!


I love Becca and I love deluxe products. They are just easier to store and finish up which is important to me. I don’t adore this set like the one I bought last year (check here). However, I still think this is a decent value set. I definitely recommend it :-)

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: