Saturday, March 26, 2016

Everyday glam with ColourPop Super Shock Shadows in Boy Band, Mooning and Stereo!



I deliberately restrained myself from trying out ColourPop Cosmetics for the longest time. I knew that their products are incredible and I would fall in love with them fast. But the fact that they are so very affordable possessed a deep danger to my wallet! I knew that once I try them, I will be hooked and that’s exactly what happened :-)

Few months back I got their Forever Freshman Collection (reviewed here); I have wanted to get my hands on some of their beloved “every day” type Super Shock shadows! Last month, they released their ultra satin lips (reviewed here) and just so I get free shopping, I got a few shades! And I am so in LOVE with them. These are some very popular and talked about shades; honestly speaking all three here are quite similar to look at but I don’t care! I love all of them with equal affection.



Have you ever tried Colourpop? If yes, you already know what I am going to say about them. If not, you most definitely should! Apart from the amazing quality at such an affordable price, ColourPop is cruelty free and they offer free shipping within US for just 30$. These are enough reasons for me to love the brand.

I picked up Super Shock shadows in Boy Band, Mooning and Stereo. These shadows has a wispy, fluffy texture, and come in a big round jar which is not something I prefer but I do understand why they chose this packaging. The white jar actually makes the product very photogenic :-) But I have to also share that all the lettering on the packaging may come off after a few usages. The shadows are ultra-pigmented, very soft and creamy, extremely metallic with gorgeous shimmers, exceptionally blendable and have incredibly long wear time. I mostly use my fingers to apply these as I have not found the right brush to use with them but I absolutely love using my fingers. Typically if I don’t use eye primer underneath, any other eyeshadow experiences at least some creasing. But these surprised me as they lasted the exact same time without any primer. Also can we talk about the shimmers these provide? They look so elegant, there is no fall out and the speckles of glitters remain on my lid till I remove them. I don’t understand how ColourPop was able to achieve all this at a cost of $5 a shadow for 0.05 oz. of product!! I am simply amazed at their qualityHere are the colors-

Boy Band: This is a very warm bronzy copper with gold and pink micro glitters. Very pigmented and very intense! It looks super flattering on my skin tone. I love this shade, especially for a quick and yet glam everyday eye look.

Stereo on Inner and Outer crease, Boy Band on the center lid along with some other matte shades!
Mooning: This is a much deeper brown with gold, bronze speckles that almost appears a very soft black :-) For some reason, this texture feels even more fine and ultra-soft to touch!

Stereo: This is such a beloved shade. I prefer this slightly over Mooning! It is quite dark and brown but it has a ton of cranberry undertone to it. Perfect for Fall, but I am going to wear it irrespective of the season. It’s quite warm and the sparkles in this are so very beautiful.


Mooning on very outer v, Boy Band on 2/3 rd of the inner lid.
I have been absolutely loving these shadows. These are such fuss free, super-easy shadows to work with and to achieve glamorous looks that appear complex but actually are so fast and easy! I tried hard to capture their magnificence but the pictures don’t do these any justice! I even added a blurry picture so that I can show the glitters :-) Overall, I absolutely think I got my money'’s worth and will highly recommend them! We all need some Color Pop in our lives :-)

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: