Sunday, August 21, 2016

Play! by Sephora ::: August 2016

When I opened my blog today, I realized my last post was published on Monday, Aug 8th. I have not posted anything in two weeks and for some reason my subconscious mind chose to completely ignore this fact! I really apologize for that :-(



Today, I have the Play by Sephora Subscription Box for August to discuss. This is my fourth month getting this box and honestly, it has not been as great I had hoped for. I was not at all thrilled by this month's box and hence I did not even have the enthusiasm to take better picture in better light. This months theme was "Eyes" and I like that I did not get another hair product. But I am a little disappointed as I was really waiting in anticipation for some great playful products for the eyes :-)

MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Shadow in I-544: I love this brand. It is a very professional and very artistic brand. I have a palette from them (reviewed here). Although, I don't reach for that palette often, I know that they are some great shadows. This is a nice cool pewter shade and I think every skin-tone will be able to pull it off. I like to apply this with my finger tips. These are very costly individually and this will surely last you for quite some time.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Contour Eye Pencil 12hr Wear Waterproof in Love Affair: It is a very deep plum shade; very nice alternative for black eyeliner shade. It is an average eyeliner, nothing that makes me super happy. It is waterproof but I have not really tested thatt out.

URBAN DECAY Perversion Mascara: This comes with a nice fluffy wand and it gave me a natural fluttery look. It is supposed to be lengthening and volumizing but quite honestly I don't really see much of either. I do like natural eyelashes so I am not really disappointed. However it is not something that I would go out and buy in full size.


ALGENIST Eye Renewal Balm: I have tried a very few of Algenist products in sample sizes and in general, I never had great luck. I have not tried this balm yet, but it is a very decent size jar so that is good! I will update my experience here when I use it.

LANCOME Energie De Vie Smoothing & Glowing Liquid Care Moisturizer: Now, this sounds promising. It's from Lancome so definitely a costly product. Plus, it is a lightweight moisturizer. The consistency of it is described to be thinner than moisturizer but thicker than an essence. That sounds really good especially for summer. But it is such a tiny size. That kind of irritates me a little bit.



CLEAN Reserve Warm Cotton: I typically love Clean perfumes. I try to buy the smaller gift set for emergency gifting purpose. :-) This one is not really great for my taste, It has a typical "Clean" scent however it is very powdery and it does not really last as long as my other perfumes from Clean.

As you can see, it is a decent box. But in my mind it is not up to Sephora standard. When I browse Social Media and come across other 10$ boxes like Ipsy and Birchbox, I don't see anything superb about the Sephora Box. I will keep continue getting this till the end of this year but if I still am not happy I will stop my subscription.



Are you liking your Play boxes?

By the way, I am not really for another Monday :-(

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: