Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Play! by Sephora ::: September 2016!!!

Yep, third week of the month and it is time to share my thoughts on September’s Play by Sephora box! Right off the bet I can say that it is a better box than last month’s (reviewed here)! Typically, I try/wear as many products I can from the box and then post my views. However, I will be out of town for the rest of the month and I sincerely don’t have time to test all these before I leave. I have two of these products that I already use in my routine!



Let’s start with the products that I have previously enjoyed!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel: well, Anastasia is the original Brow Queen, there is just no denying that! Her browwiz is my Holy Grail brow product. This clear gel is the only other product I have tried from her range and I am equally amazed. I have average somewhat of a fuller, unruly brow but on a day-to-day basis I am very low key regarding my brow routine. If need be, I have no hesitation stepping out of the house without doing my brows. However, when I put of full face on and when I know I am going to be outside for most of the day, I top my eyebrows with this after shaping them with the browwiz. It feels a bit cooling and is easy to apply! the brush is very decently petit and it is easier to control! It gives your brows on proper hold that is not uncomfortably stiff for the entire the day. I am almost running out of the one that I have so I am glad I got this.
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper: Another product that I already have and use. I took a bit of time to get accustomed to the brush tip. I am felt-tip eyeliner type of a girl and at first I had hard time gaining control of the tip. It seems much more stiff than my beloved Stila Stay All Day Waterproof liner. But I have started to like this liner. I typically wear it when I don’t want to draw a wing eyeliner & just want a little something on my lash-line.

Allow me to vent a little bit here – I am getting a little annoyed with some of the repeat offender products! I am pretty sure I have three or four Kat Von D Trooper lying around somewhere in my vanity and I have not bought a single one myself other than the ones I got in value sets. Sephora seems to put the same few products in all their value kits, or reward perks or Gift with Purchases. I hoped they will spare Sephora Play boxes from this. Products like They’re Real Mascara from Benefit Cosmetics, Kat Von D Trooper - I can see in at least 60% value sets! The new Extravagant Eyes has Full Size NARS Himalia eyeshadow that also included in last years “Sephora Favorites Superstars” set (reviewed here). If you love these products, its great but its gets really inconvenient for frequent shoppers or VIB Rouges like me!
Alright, onto the next products-

Dr Jart Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer: I am actually very excited about this. I always browse the products from this brand but has not tried any. It comes in a beautiful package that definitely helps me find enthusiasm to try out the product and be sincere about my skin’s moisturizer needs. I am definitely trying this as soon as the weather becomes chillier.
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Protector: Last month there were no hair product and I actually liked that. I don’t really enjoy trying out hair products. BUT, for some reason I feel a little bit interest in this brand. I hoped this will be a great product, I used it last night before going to sleep and it DID nothing!

Sephora Collection Rouge Shine Lipstick in Love Spell: It is very sheer, kind of a-milky-pink type of shade. I wore it today on its own, it was not unwearable but I am not sure if I am going to wear it again! Very beautiful packaging though!


Tory Burch Jolie Fleur Verte: Fresh, not fruity not florally fragrance. I like it very much, I actually got compliments from my colleagues which is not very common J But I know that she also likes fresh type of smell. I am not sure if this will be popular among everyone!

So there's this month’s Sephora Play Box! Nothing to rave about really! I am getting a little unimpressed with this boxes, 2 more months and then I will probably cancel.
Do you subscribe to Sephora Play?

Love
~Arrru

No comments: