Thursday, September 22, 2016

Swatches & Review : Sephora Favorites EXTRAVAGANT EYES ||| Holiday 2016

Today, I am talking about Sephora Favorites set in “Extravagant Eyes”! There are currently a ton of Sephora Favorites set, a ton of them! (Check all sets here)! Holiday “Shopping” season is already here and all beauty cosmetics brands has started to release their holiday gift sets!

I am a HUGE fan of Sephora Favorites sets. I prefer them over them over sets from Specific brands and I have purchased quite a lot of these sets over time. These especially are worth every penny if you have just started shopping at Sephora. :-) You can check all the reviews I have done on past Sephora Favorites set here!



This set right here is an incredible deal! Before we dive more into the products here is a little price breakdown-

This kit is retails at 42 USD!!
Here are the products:

Full Size Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy:  This is such a fan favorite for an easy, super  glam-glittery look. I am heading off to an elaborate, colorful Indian wedding, and I was looking to buy this individually. It was out of stock everywhere, so this was the reason for which I decided to get the whole set. First of all, it is so damn easy to apply. The thin brush like applicator is so handy to draw a thin liner and it is also easy to layer over eyeshadow. I have not used any glitter glue with this but it stayed very nicely. I did see some fallouts during the application and throughout. But it is something that I kind of overlook because this glitter is so pretty. Also I have to very, very careful while removing, it is little bit difficult to remove in its entirety. I can still see glitters on my under eye area. But all things considered, I really LOVE this product.



Full Size Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Plum: I got one of these from last year’s Birchbox Luxe List Value set (reviewed here) and I absolutely enjoy wearing it. I have not mastered the courage to purchase this at a regular price so this was a perfect justification for me. It is a beautiful deep burgundy-plum shade in a satiny finish. It is quite opaque but if you apply and blend you may need to go back and use 2-3 layers to get a really even coverage all-over-the lid. But it is such a smooth formula. It does not tug on my lids and the color is super pretty.


Full Size NARS Dual Intensity Eye Shadow in Himalia: As I confessed on one of my previous post here, I already have this shade from last year’s Sephora Favorites Superstars set (reviewed here) but I still got this set, :-) I will probably give it this new one to my sister. I love this shade; it does not get enough love from me because I typically grab a palette when I am in a rush in the mornings! But it still an awesome everyday-glam shade. Every time I use this, I cannot help but realize how instantly it can make my whole look very sophisticated. It is a great formula; very even, opaque with great blendability and staying power.


Full-size Huda Beauty Lashes in Samantha #7: I have never worn a false lash! I have had my inhibitions but I am slowly building up the courage. But I am sure, if you are a regular false-lash wearer, you will love this.

Apart from this full size products, you get 4 other eye products in decent sample sizes. 
Milk Makeup Eye Pigment in Silent Disco: Almost a similar shade like “Plum” from Laura Mercier, it looks different on hand swatch but on the eyes, it appears similar. It is a very deep plum but has a lot of beautiful, subtle sparkle in it. I love this shade. But the formula is a bit liquid-y so I have to be careful while applying. It can move a bit if I use too much force with my application. It also sets a bit quickly, so I have to act fast to blend it out. I am not super proud of the look pictured here; I have certainly done better blending in my life :-) But it is not entirely the products’ fault as I could hardly manage 15-20 mins for my makeup! Life can get very busy sometimes.


Marc Jacobs Beauty O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara in Blacquer: My previous experience with Marc Jacobs Mascara was not great! So I was not really expecting a lot from this. But it surprised me. It is a very nice formula, consistency wise – not too dry or not too wet. I am always a natural-lash type of girl so this is perfect for me. Enough volume for me, little bit of lengthening without any smudginess. The best thing is that it very easy to remove at the end of the day. I want nothing else from my mascara.

Smashbox Cosmetics 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer: I am so very sure that I have gotten this primer before as Gift with Purchase or something but I don’t recollect trying it. Because I already had packed away my beloved MAC Paint Pot for my India trip, I was using it for the last few days. The formula is much thinner and sheer to apply, so if you are looking for something that will conceal the veins or redness on your eyelids, this might not be the best. But as a primer, it has been very good to me. On the day I had this makeup on, my eyeshadows and glitters lasted from around noon to 12 at night. On an average day, I can still see my eyeshadows after a long day.


Sephora Collection Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil 12 HR Wear in Black Lace #01It is said to be waterproof and I believe it is. It was very easy to apply. The formula is very creamy; it glides on my lashes very comfortably. It stayed for at least 7-9 hrs. before starting to fade. I have really liked it. But yeah, it is a basic black eyeliner, nothing extraordinary about it.

So, as you can see, apart from the lashes I have been really enjoying all of the rest of the products. I will try to be brave and try out the lashes sometime soon! One concern I always have with this type of value sets are the shades for the products included. Often time, it is geared towards the lighter skin tones. But this set is actually quite impartial, shade wise. These are universal shades – you can easily wear the glitter liner, the eyeshadow shades are very flattering on every skin tone, NARS eyeshadow also can be used for various purpose on various skin tone. If you don’t have any of these products I cannot recommend this enough!


Go pick it up and create some Extravagant looks!!!

By the time this goes live, I will be headed back home for brief vacation! :-)! So excited!!

Love
~Arrru

No comments: