Saturday, February 4, 2017

Monthly Favorites ::: January 2017

I did not do a monthly favorites for December because I just did Yearly Favorites for 2016; you can check it here. But I have been using a few things quite consistently for the last two months! I live in USA and with the new administration and everything that is happening in this county, talking about makeup almost feels like the least important as well as the most insensitive thing to do! I am not a political person and I don't really get very vocal about my views! But at some point, I cannot help but wonder what is going to happen to this great nation! On that happy note (pun intended), here are the things I have been loving last few weeks!



Urban Decay Revolution Blush in Fetish: This is a relatively new addition to my collection! The formula is smooth, it layers perfectly and the this purple-y mauve shade is great for every day look. I often don't wear foundation but I can still wear this, it does not last as long as when I wear it over foundation but I don't care. I love wearing this.


Bite Matte Lip Crayon in Aubergine: I have a long and happy relationship with Bite Beauty products. I love all the formula but the new Amuse Bouche one, I thoroughly enjoy their shade range and their extreme wear-time. Aubergine is a deep plum-y purple and it is more bright than vampy. Before I tried this shade, I never thought deeper fall-ish shades are my cup of tea. I have been wearing this a lot since late December! I am either wearing it alone or mixing it with some other shades, whenever I got a chance.

Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Meritage: This is the next lip product I am going to focus to finish up after I am done with Urban Decay "Rupture". This shade is described as a brick red but on my skin tone it acts as an everyday rose-y nude shade. I absolutely love layering it with other shades and most of the time I do layer it!


Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Rupture (not pictured): I have not tried the new formula for Urban Decay lipsticks but I am sad that they got rid of their revolution lipsticks. I really LOVED this shade, Anyway, this is an unique everyday shade for me. It has appeared in previous favorites, my yearly favorites. And because it is in my Finish17by2017 Project Pan, I am using it constantly. It is a different type of color to wear to work but it does not draw any attention to my lips. I love the creamy formula, it also has ever-so-slight sheen to it which looks really nice. I also enjoy the fact that it can be very easily layered with almost any lipstick. I don't get 3-4 hrs. of wear time but that's OK as I enjoy the stain it leaves behind.


Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Bronze: This is a very old favorite but its a constant one! I don't talk about it every day but I love it. I exclusively wear it as an all-in-one lid shade. I included it in my Finish17in2017 Project Pan challange and hence it came back to my everyday drawer. I love the shade; its a beautful bronze with equally gorgeous gold shimmer in it. Stays all day and easy to apply quickly. :-)

NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Himalia: I cannot stop wearing this eyeshadow. I had this forever but since late last year, I somehow started to really, really LOVE it. It is a beautiful beige-y gold shimmery shade. Absolutely brilliant for my rushed mornings. I just lightly pat it on my lid with my fingers and some days I dont even need to use any matte crease shades. And it styas the entire day. Also, I have been wearing it above a good opaque layer of the Tarte cream shadow and I absolutely love the result. 

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: