Sunday, December 27, 2015

2014 Favorites ::: A year later!!!

I had a lot of fun compiling my favorites from 2014 (Click here for the complete blog post). That was the first annual favorites post on my blog and I totally enjoyed preparing it. I am currently working on my 2015 favorites, meanwhile I thought it will be a good idea to give an update on my last favorites, if I still love and use them etc. Well, I am happy to report that I am constantly using and loving them. Please keep on reading.


IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette ($42): This palette has officially been included in my “holy grail” palette. I have tried a lot of different eyeshadow in single and in palettes this year but I always end up grabbing this palette to finish off my eye looks. All the shades here are my absolute must-have crease and outer-V shades. One whole year later, all of these shades are still performing exactly the same; good blendability, opacity, color pay off, no fall out and great staying power! I, very occasionally I would create an entire look from this palette itself, but with any other palette I have, I only feel peace when I use Naturally Palette to finish off the look! I have been using it almost every day that I wear makeup but there as you can see there is hardly any dent :-)

MAC Paint Pot in "Layin' low" ($21): Another Holy Grail product. I always use this if I am wearing powder eyeshadow. If the eyeshadow is way too thick or very powder-y, I prefer to use Urban Decay Primer Potion but otherwise I use this Paint Pot on a daily basis and it’s not even halfway done(?). I even scooped out a bit in a jar to give to my sister. It may be costly but it definitely goes a long way as you need just a tiny bit. Excellent eye primer! If it’s not 100 F and extremely humid, my eyeshadows are not going anywhere once I apply this underneath them :-)

It's a 10 Miracle leave-in Plus Keratin ($20 for 4 oz.): Absolutely loving this leave-in conditioner! It’s been a year since my last hair-straightening treatment and hence my original hereditary crazy waves are coming back! May be because of that its effect has not been as mind-blowing as before. But it still does a great job in managing my uncontrollable wavy hair and makes them look smooth and presentable. I will continue to use it.

Bare Minerals First Resort Bronzing Kit ($35, Limited Edition): My love for this bronzer is still there. But I am mostly grabbing for matte bronzers this year. I wear a lot of shimmery neutrals on my eyes on a day-to-day basis and I am just little worried about wearing any shiny bronzing product on top of that;  it might be a bit too much for my conventional office environment . Also, it is a limited edition product so I have been very gentle while using it to avoid finishing it up. :-) But I still occasionally use it and love it whenever I do!

Time for a little lip story. For the first 7 months, I did not buy a single lip product. To be honest, I was not buying a ton of makeup either. But all of a sudden since August, I have converted into a lipstick hoarder. I am not able to stop buying them. Does that happen to any of you? The point is I have been wearing and trying a lot of new products which means old favorite colors have taken a backseat! I only get to wear bold, bright lipstick colors only on weekends. I still absolutely love Ruby Woo, Cin Cin and Quince but I have not been wearing them as much I would have liked to!

Makeup Geek Eye Brushes (varies from $5.99 to $8.99): MUG eye crease brushes are my most used brush. Truth be told, I am yet to find an affordable range of brushes that has firm, dense and small crease brushes. Regular crease brushes from different brands are too big for my tiny eyelid spaces. It has been almost 2 years with these brushes and now they aren’t such a delight to work as before. I am slightly disappointed. 2 of the crease brushes have started to appear scratchy and irritating! It was so smooth when I first started using them. Especially the crease brush is getting really rough and unpleasant to use. But, unfortunately I have not been able to find any other brush that are small and of the perfect size for my small eyes. These have the perfect shape and very fitting for my eyes. So I am still using it.

Hope you enjoyed this quick little update. I cannot wait to share my 2015 favorites! Stay tuned!

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: