Thursday, December 11, 2014

BITE BEAUTY Best Bite High Pigment Pencil Set

Value sets, lipsticks and Bite Beauty!!! My 3 current weaknesses together in this cute little tin box :-)



Ever since I got their Luminous Creme Lipstick in Cin Cin (reviewed here) last Spring, I have completely fallen in love with Bite Beauty. I have seen similar sets floating around in beauty blogosphere for quite some time now! So, when I saw this kit reappear in Sephora, I ordered it immediately :-) and I am really glad that I did.

A regular lip crayon from them costs $24 for 0.09 oz. In this kit there are 4 beautiful hues, each of 0.05 oz. (1.48 g) for a total cost of $25. Per oz. costwise, this is a BETTER deal. And I really LOVE that these are deluxe size; that makes me hopeful that I might be able to finish these up at some point :-) 


These lip pencils are very very creamy. It glides on extremely easy and does not bleed. Very long-wearing too!  Each shade is really pigmented. In the packaging the texture is mentioned as modern matte, but I don't find the finish either to be glossy or matte. It has a beautiful gliding sheen, which I am really really loving. Overall, I am very satisfied with the quality. Feel and consistency wise, the lip crayons and the Creme lipsticks appears almost similar to me. However, after 5-6 hours of wear I do feel that it gets a bit drying on the lips.


I love the packaging too! How cute is the tin box, I think I might jump on another similar set just for the box. It also has a good size mirror, which is pretty cool! The lip pencils are housed in Bite Beauty's signature rubberized dark-grey tubes. Very slick! They are automatic, so no trouble of sharpening :-) I love that they are mini size (I said that already :-)), it is so much easier to put it in the purse and run outta home. I also love the color range. You pretty much get all the "must have" colors for your collection. I am a big fan of bold colors, so having 3 bright-er colors in the set surely makes me happy.

Madeira: This is very nude for my skin tone. Still, I can mix it with a brighter lip gloss to make it more wearable. I also love to pair it with classic black smokey eye to achieve a slightly more dramatic look! This definitely will be much more flattering if you have lighter skin tone than mine :-)

Cranberry: This is one of my favorites; unfortunately this is a limited-edition shade. A beautiful vibrant deep red. Different than the the other reds that I have! :-)

Rhubarb: An everyday rosy-mauve no-fuss kinda shade. Everyone needs one of these, one shade that you can wear without thinking if it will match with your eyeshadow, blush or the entire look. I also love the stain it leaves after 4-5 hours of wear.

Quince: This may be one of my top favorite shades from my whole collection. A very deep fuchsia color. Even if it's a bold color, it's not difficult to carry off. When I am having a sick day or if I am not in a very jolly mood, this is the shade I reach for in the hope of cheering myself up. I love how it brightens up my entire face and eventually my mood too! And this is such a flattering color which will look good with every skin tone.

Pros: 
  • Excellent value
  • Great range of color
  • Very moisturizing; Food grade ingredient is an added bonus.
  • Very slim. Perfect for carrying it in the purse.
Cons:
  • Few of the shades may feel a bit drying after 5-6 hours of wear.
  • Limited edition.
This was a limited-edition set sold in Sephora & looks like it is not available anymore. I must tell, if this or any similar set like this from Bite Beauty is available, snag it! If you are just a beginner, this kit has all the color that you need in your arsenal and if you are a pro, this is a deal not to pass up! :-)


There are a lot of interesting holiday lip-sets in the market these days...have you guys tried any? Tell me more; I would love to know... :-)

Love you.
~~Arrru

No comments: