Saturday, December 6, 2014

Products I've Used Up/Empties Vol. 2

Woohoo!!! My second empties post!! :-) I believe I am getting better at this; you know in "using up products" :) :) :) Without further awe, let's see what in the list this time :-)


1. When Hope is Not Enough Facial Farming Serum (43 USD for 1 oz.): Philosophy's "Hope in a jar" line of products are very very hyped. I bought a value-set sometime last year. While I was not completely blown away by the entire set, I can definitely vouch for this serum. Unfortunately, the tip of the glass dropper broke and fell into the serum (I have been travelling insanely last few weeks). Hence I had to get rid of this. I am sad that I lost about 1/6th of the product in this process :-(
Anyway, I really LOVEd using it. I am dangerously closing the age of 30, so last year, I finally started incorporating anti-aging products into my skincare routine. I used it every other day. Just a few drops is enough per use. I really feel it has smoothened my skin. I have a few sample serums to finish off first, but I am definitely going to repurchase it. It is pricey, but I feel its worth it.

2. Davidoff Cool Water Gentle Shower Breeze (Price varies depending on the store): I got a Davidoff kit last year as a gift during the holidays which included this shower gel. I love the "Cool Water" fragrance line! I have been using their Eau De Toilette for a few years now. The same exact fragrance; clean, refreshing and performs wonderful as a shower gel. It is a travel size tube, so I generally brought it with me whenever I am on trips spanning 2-3 days :-) May be that is why it took me a lot of time to finish it off.


3. Hope in a Jar Moisturizer for Dry Skin (42 USD for 2 oz): I have reviewed it in my earlier post in details. It is a decent moisturizer; nothing to complain about or nothing to rave about either. It is VERY pricey, and I am not yet sure if I am going to repurchase it. I liked it while it lasted but I think I am still in search of the perfect heavy-moisturizer for my dry skin during the cold chilly moths in the windy city.

4. Bath and Body Works Shower Gel "Moonlight Path": To be honest, Bath and Body Works scents become quite overwhelming for me at times. Even if I like a particular flavour at first, I get bored by the time I finish. But "Moonlight Path" is the first fragrance that I actually loved and enjoyed till the end. Its clean, musky and a little bit sweet but not at all overpowering. (Please keep in mind I am not really good in describing scents :-)) I am definitely buying this again once I can finish it off numerous number of backup shower gels I have with me!

5. Bausch+Lomb Bio True Multi Purpose Solution: Currently I use Bausch+Lomb contact lenses and this is my favorite lens solution. Nothing fancy, but a very much a NEEDED product. :-)

6. Neutrogena Body Oil (Light Sesame Formula): I just reviewed this product here. This is one of my HOLY-GRAIL products. I cannot do without this oil, specially during the winter! And when winter lasts 8 months in a year, it's a saviour. I have gone through many many bottles of these and I am pretty sure I am gonna need many more.

Products I've Used Up/Empties Vol. 2

Now only I am realizing that every product here are skincare products. Ha ha!! But hey, I gotta pamper myself from time to time./my skin needs the pampering!

7. Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter (6 USD for 1.7 oz/22 USD for 10.1 oz) This is the first product that I tried from this brand which is originally from United Kingdom. It definitely lived up to its name/hype. It's very thick and have a strong but pleasant fragrance which reads a little medicinal to me; pleasant type of "medicinal", if such thing exists, It really IS moisturizing. Its a little bit too thick for my taste, but I get the moisturizing I want.. so that's fine. :-) Plus, I love the cute little pink pot. Perfect for travelling and very very easy for reusing purpose. I do think that as a moisturizer, it is definitely a little bit costly.I got this in a really good value-set, so I am not complaining.

8. Ole Henriksen Sheer Transforming Face Creme: This was a decent sample tub I received as free gift with a purchase from Sephora. This gave me an excellent chance to try out the product. Unfortunately, I DID NOT become a fan. It was very thin; I love and need a thicker moisturizer! It does not have any fragrance but my skin does not feel as supple as I expected.

9. Tarte Maracuja Oil: This thing is all over beauty blogs and YouTube. I was really excited when I got a kit at $10 with this oil (0.23 fl oz) and an eye cream. This is a very small bottle, but you only need a few drops so it lasted for months. I used it at nighttime during Spring and now in Winter. Its not very heavy or not too thin either. It did give me enough moisturizing for some hours but did not last till the morning. I do have an extremely dry skin. I did repurchase the regular size bottle. But I am not sure if I am going to buy another one after that/this.


10. Nivea Lip Balm "A Kiss of Milk & Honey": LOVE this product. Simple, affordable and very very effective lip balm. One of these is always in my purse. Not a glamorous product but absolutely important.

11. UB Lip Balm: Free stuff from my most recent Alma matter. It was a decent balm, but I guess it has been with me purely for nostalgic reasons.

That's it for today. I seriously hope that I get to play more with makeup in coming days and get some of the items finished.I sincerely hope you enjoyed reading my this post...thanks again for sticking with me till now...

Love you.
~Arrru

No comments: