Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Quick Look: Smashbox "On The Rocks Photo Op Eye Shadow Palette"

Today, I have a very quick and crisp review about another limited edition item :-) I was exploring Sephora the other day for some gift ideas for one of my friends and found the Smashbox "On The Rocks Photo Op Eye Shadow Palette" at $18, I immediately knew it is an awesome value for a eyeshadow palette from Smashbox.


It has a total of 12 very vibrant shimmery-glittery shades each of 0.04 oz. The original price for a total of 0.48 oz. was $36. The packaging is absolutely lovely. It is compact and very very elegant to look at. Specially when you photograph it, it shines like diamonds. I really LOVED it. And I love the jewel-toned shade range. If your collection is filled with neutral shades, this will be a perfect palette to add a boatload of colors. The possibility of creating different eye look is huge. 



The performance overall was "ok". They are very smooth and there is a little bit of fallout, but nothing unmanageable! They are easy to blend too. I am not HUGELY impressed by the wear time of these though. I have tried with different primers like MAC Paint Pot and Urban Decay Primer Potion, but both of the time it started to crease (ever-so-slightly) after 3-4 hrs of use. I really expected better. 


So here is my quick take on the palette

Pros:
  • Stunning range of beautiful shade; you get neutrals along with blue, green and purple! 
  • Compact packaging.
  • The sale price $18 is an absolute bargain.
  • It is often impossible to find a palette which has the prefect wearable blue, purple and green shade. This has all of them.
  • The eye look booklet definitely helps.
Cons:
  • Not-so-impressive wear time. 
  • I do feel the need of a matte brown shade to act as a crease color. If that color would have been added, this palette would be perfect for travelling.
  • Limited edition.

Because I already have a few colorful eye shadows which looks almost the same as the colors in this palette, I am most likely returning this. However, if you are still looking for some last-minute holiday gifts this is perfect for anyone who enjoys makeup. If you have a teenager cousin or anybody who is just stepping into the world of cosmetics, I highly recommend this. This will definitely make them giddy with happiness. :-) The palette is still available in Ulta, Nordstrom and Smashbox website.

Hope you all are having awesome holidays with your friends and families, I am spending some quality time with some very old friends here in Seattle; it is a beautiful city!! :-)

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: