Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Review: LAVANILA The Healthy Deodorant


Ahh! The feeling of finding a product that a favorite YouTuber has been raving about and is also under 10$ in Sephora :-) I don't know about you, but I feel victorious; more so when this happens during Sephora's once-in-a-blue-moon sales :-) I am talking about the LAVANILA The Healthy Deodorant.

I bought the travel size product of The Healthy Mini Deodorant in Pure Vanilla at $6 for 0.90 oz. (25 g) during Sephora's 15% spring sale. You can also find it in Lavanilla website. The regular size costs $14 for 1.7 oz. Right now they have a gift set which comes with 2 of these travel size Pure Vanilla deodorants at $14.


First of all, how elegant is the packaging! Simple, classy and quite sturdy! I love the colors of the bottle too! Plus it is a natural product, which is always good thing. As mentioned in their website there are "no Parabens, Petrochemicals, Phthalates, Silicones, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oils, Synthetic Dyes, Sulfates, Chemical Sunscreens, or Aluminum". The scent is to die for! It's very relaxing, moderately sweet and peaceful. (Well, I am not particularly great in describing scent-notes :-) ). It's a white solid type of deodorant; glides on very smoothly, takes just a minute or two to dry and does not transform to the clothing. The longevity is not super impressive though! It gives me decent wear time during my normal work hours or when I am running just a few errands. Based on my experience, I don't think it will be 100 % effective for long time wear during heavy-duty tasks!!   


Lavanilla has different types of deodorent with vanilla as the base scent e.g. Vanilla-grapefruit and vanilla lavender. I think I am going to stick with vanilla original. It's mild, peaceful and very refreshing :-) And I like the size! I have been constantly travelling for my work for last two years and I have unknowingly started to choose travel-size products over regular sized ones. 

Overall, I am definitely happy with the performance when compared against my need and will happily repurchase.What are you all's favorite deodorant? Any suggestions for me? :-)

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: