Sunday, May 31, 2020

Monthly Favorites ::: March-April-May 2020

I have been having a lot of free time during this quarantine! And I have been participating in a lot of different beauty challenges - some are just about eyeshadow swatches, some are on different makeup looks! I have not really been buying a lot of new makeup and as such I have been shopping my stash heavily and I have been loving it. Honestly, I have been loving this entire process! It is giving me an outlet for my creative energy and honestly, it is saving me from a lot of depression during this trying time!

Check my Instagram @arrru_t to check out some looks I did with these products!


Anyway, onto the favorites:

Base concoction: I never really talk about base products because I dont really get much fun out of them; not really much interest in foundation, primers or concealers. Whatever works, is good enough for me :-)! Lately though, I have been loving a glowy look! I have been mixing and matching these few products for my base! MUFE Ultra HD Foundation is my go-to foundation! The CoverFx Custom Infusion Drop adds a little bit of moisture to my foundation and the CoverFX Custom Enhancer Drops (read my full review here) adds that summer-y luminous sheen to my foundation! On a simpler day when I just want a lighter coverage, I use the Becca Backlight Priming Filter (read my review here) just bare face or underneath foundation! It gives me an health glow. I use the Smashbox Primer Water as primer or as a finishing spray! 


MAC Fix+: Do I need to say anything about this iconic product? There are so many new sprays in the market, but nothing like this! Read my review here. Off late, I have been using this to create liners out of pressed eye-shadows or have been using it as a finishing spray after I am done with my makeup! It just makes the whole look tie together and makes it a little more dewy!


Stila Aqua Glow Water Color Blush in Water Lily: Yep, blast from the past! These blushes from Stila were awesome! It has consistency between liquid and cream and is a godsend for my dry skin. I used it when I first bought it (read my full review here), and I recently pulled it out from my stash! I am loving the soft look it provides. I almost finished it up it though!


Becca Mineral Blushes in Hyacinth, Songbird, Lantana (reviews linked): There was a time when I used these blushes non-stop! Then my cheeks were buried in adult acnes so I stopped using blush all-together; it made me sad! But lately, I have started to use blush again! I have been layering these over other matte blushes; they have a subtle sheen to them! I just love how they add to my glowy-dewy #motd vibe! 


Laura Mercier Highlighter Palette: Another shop-my-stash discovery! I love the undertones of these highlighters! All these colors work on my medium tan skin-tone; the darkest I can use as a bronzing sheen! These are so soft and buttery; they dont really emphasize my textured skin and yet packs a punch! Read my full review here.


On to the fun stuff ---- a.k.a Eye stuff!!!

Laura Mercier Cavier Stick in Plum: This is such a soft eye pencil. So easy to apply on the inner rim , stays put and appears less harsher than a black kajol liner. Read my review here.

Urban Decay Electric Palette and Viseart Dark Matte: Viseart Dark Matte is my jam; I will never stop raving about it (read my full review here). I love wearing colorful looks and I use this palette 7 out of 10 times to use to these shades on the crease, lash-line or on the lid to ground my looks. This palette will always remain a favorite. I am also getting a lot of use out of my Electric Palette; I bought it on sale just before it got discontinued! I am so glad that I got my hands in the palette! I love the vibrancy of these colors - they are brilliant; pigmented, soft and easy to work with! There is not one shade that is dull! I love all the shades, my personal favorites are Chaos, Savage and Slowburn. And Freak!


MUG single eyeshadows in Voltage, Pixie Dust, Lemon Drop, Whimsical, Daydreamer and Colourpop in On The Fence, Sandbar: I think these shadows restarted my love affiar with makeup and creating new looks! I was building a spring palette for a makeup challenge and loved how cute these shades were! I created quite a few looks with these - basically these colors are bringing me so much joy! Really!


Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eye Liners in EmeraldParadise Pink, Turquoise, Intense Amethyst & Cobalt : I have been a fan of these liners for a long time now! They are awesome. Waterproof and stays all day long! Lately, I have been using them to create shape and small lines here and there in my eye looks! I am loving all these colors for adding brightness and novelty to my eye-looks!


So, this was my rekindled love for makeup. What have been keeping you busy during this quarantine?

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: