Sunday, November 27, 2016

Monthly Favorites ::: September-October-November 2016!!!

My last favorites post was back in August. I was truly enjoying the process of selecting the products I really loved at the end of each month! But then, I went home for my sister’s wedding! The weather was hot and humid there. Above that, a wedding in the family guarantees a stressful time on insufficient sleep. My skin took a major hit! I had acne all over (slight exaggeration but it was bad). Naturally, after the wedding was over, I used little to no makeup for most of the time.

Even though it has been 3 months, I have only a handful of products to talk about! These are the ones that I have been using and loving!  


Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy:  This is the only product in this bunch that I did not have to think twice to pick as favorite. It is such a handy product for a quick, super-glam look. First of all, it is so damn easy to apply. The thin brush like applicator is extremely convenient to draw a thin, crisp liner and it is also easy to layer over eyeshadow. I have not used any glitter glue with this but it stays intact! I do see some fall outs during the application and throughout if I am not being careful. But it is something that I kind of overlook because this glitter is so pretty. Also, I have to be very cautious while removing it at the end of the day; it is little bit difficult to remove all the glitter bits in its entirety. I wore it on my sister’s main reception event over a midnight blue eyeshadow and everybody loved it!

NARS Dual Intensity Eye Shadow in Himalia: I have been wearing this a lot to my work ever since I got back from home. I have been quite lazy and uninspiring so this made my life easy. It is an awesome everyday-glam shade. It can make my whole look very sophisticated; instantly and effortlessly. It is a great formula; very even, opaque with great blend-ability and staying power. I use my fingers to just dab it on my eyelids and I don’t even need a crease shade it blend it out! Super easy!


Marc Jacobs Beauty O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara in Blacquer: My previous experience with Marc Jacobs Mascara was not great! But this surprised me. It is a very nice formula, consistency wise – not too dry, not too wet. I am always a natural-lash type of girl so this is perfect for me. It gives me enough volume, little bit of lengthening without any smudginess. The best thing is that it is very easy to remove at the end of the day. I want nothing else from my mascara.

These first three products were from Extravagant Eyes Set set from Sephora Favorites (reviewed here). Looks like I got my money’s worth :-)

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Lipstick in Tumultuous Pink: This is one of those lipsticks that I have been adoring since the beginning this year. But I never managed to talk about it. I love the formula, rich, creamy with a decent wear-time. I love the shade; this is a very grounded fuchsia shade and it immediately makes my face appear bright and happy! I wore it with the UD midnight cowboy glitter and my navy Indian silk Saree; I feel like the bright dress kind of washed off this shade! I hoped I picked up a brighter, bolder color for that look. But I still do enjoy this shade. 


Urban Decay Perversion Mascara: This comes with a nice fluffy wand and it gave me a natural fluttery look. It is supposed to be lengthening and voluminizing but quite honestly I don't really see much of either. I do like natural eyelashes so I am not really disappointed. It is not something that I would go out and buy in full size but I have grown fond of this deluxe size. The Marc Jacobs mascara and this performs almost the same but the small wand on this is just a bit easier to use on my smaller eyes.

Boscia Luminizing Black Mask: I have never included a skincare item in my Monthly Favorites before but I feel like I need to talk about this mask. I never tried it before but for some reason I took it with me when I went home. My parents hardly wear sunscreen and they love to work outside in the garden. Obviously, both of them has severe sunburns! I used this mask twice on them within 10-12 days and it worked like a charm. It removed the dirt and impurities and immediately revealed brighter cleaner skin – for both of my parents! My sister loved it too. I also have been using it every other week. I enjoy the peeling action; it is so satisfactory! You have to mindful to use the right amount of product for layering. If the layer is too thin it will not peel off nicely and if its too thick it will take forever to dry! I already have brought a full-size!

I have already started to compile my yearly favorites for 2016, it should be fun!

Love

~Arrru

No comments: