Friday, December 2, 2016

Tarte Gallery Gals Deluxe Tarteist™ Eyeliner Set ::: Review & Swatches ||| Holiday 2016

I have wanted to try this formula ever since Tarte released it some time ago. Now that they put 2 mini size of the liners in a cute little box with a liner brush for just $19, you have to grab it during the VIB Sale! Am I right?

Availibility: You can buy this from Sephora and Tarte Cosmetics. 


Price: For 19$ you get two of Tarte’s waterproof cream clay paint liners. The shades here are black and bronze each with 0.10 oz. It also comes with a mini angled liner brush! As you can see from the picture, it is housed in a cute, little box which is not really “holiday-themed” but I love it. I think it is more practical and you can use it as a birthday or any other type of gift as well! I am actually thinking about re-using it to store/display my beauty blender. I have a hope that it will work great. I personally think you get very little amount of product. But overall, I think it is still an ok price. “Bronze” is a limited-edition shade but the black matte shade is available permanently in full-size.


Pigmentation & Wear-time: The black shade is very, very pigmented. It’s very matte as well, I don’t have a matte black eyeliner so I am really liking it. It is creamy and blend-able enough for to use the brush it came with to apply this. I am more of a “liquid-eyeliner” pen kind-a girl! Obviously a gel-type black shade with tiny brush is a bit intimidating for me; I am still struggling to get a crisp edge for my winged liner. I guess I have to practice more! Staying power is very impressive as well; on my upper lash line, it stayed the entire time but it was kind of easy to wash off with a makeup remover. I appreciate that. However the thing that impressed me most was its wear time on my lower water line. I slept off with this for a quick nap and it was still intact :-)

The bronze shade is pigment-wise a tad bit weaker.


Shades:
Black- Matte and very black. I love it.

Bronze- It looks like it has a little bit of sheen but it doesn’t really show when applied on the lid. My favorite is the black one, obviously!

I have tried different eyeliner formulas from Tarte before and they has never let me down. I really like these as well! However, if you already have a lot of eyeliner I would not really encourage you to run out and buy these. Mainly because it comes with so little product. But if you already bought these, I am sure you will quite enjoy it!


Love

~Arrru

No comments: