Tuesday, December 27, 2016

7 Days of Glitter with Arrru ::: Day 4 "Glitter & Monochromatic Purple"

All looks in this mini-series till now have been relatively simple, so I decided to change things up a bit and present to you this monochromatic purple look that is way more fun! I love how it turned out!


When the idea of “7 Days of Glitter” hit me, I already had a few looks in my mind. But I did need to research for more inspiration. I found a lot of looks with glitter on the lower lash-line. It looked interesting and I thought I could replicate this! Also, I was trying to use up all the glitter products that I have in my possession and Makeup Geek pigment in Bewitched was the only one that I did not use yet. I was also itching to wear After Dark Revolution Lipstick from Urban Decay (I have a detailed review here); it is a gorgeous purple-plum shade and is one of my most favorite lipsticks. Because Bewitched and After Dark are different hades of purple, I decided to follow a monochromatic purple look for my makeup!


Below are the products I am wearing in this eye-look –


Step-by-step approach to the eye-look: I know it look a little bit difficult, but trust me, it is a very simple look to execute. This is how it goes -
  1. Mac Painterly Paint Pot in Layin’ Low as the primer.
  2. Light layer of Makeup Geek Crème Brulee on the crease. This is not at all a necessary step but I like to add this shadow to achieve perfect blending when I go in with a colored matte shadow.
  3. Makeup Geek Fashion Addict on the crease. I love to use colors on my crease! This is essentially to create and deepen the eye-socket to give the illusion that I have rounder eyes :-)
  4. Violet from IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette on my entire lid. It helps in creating that whole monochromatic vibe on my eye look.
  5. I added just a touch of Iconic from the same palette on the outer corner.
  6. This time, I went for a thick, quite heavy winged eyeliner with Stila Stay All Day waterproof liquid eyeliner. Winged eyeliner is definitely my weakness!
  7. For this look, all the fun lies on the lower lash line. I applied a generous layer of Makeup Geek shimmer shadow Toxic on the lower lash-line. It will give me a purple base for my glitter.
  8. I mixed Smashbox Primer Water with a bit of Bewitched glitter pigment from Makeup Geek to get a liquid consistency. I applied it over the purple eyeshadow on the lower lash line.
  9. Once I was done with the Bewitched pigment, I strongly felt the need of more glitter! It is the holidays after all, hence I applied Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy over the bewitched pigment. This liner is very quickly becoming my holy grail eye-glitter.
  10. Diow Show mascara to prime my lashes before going in with a heavy coating of Urban Decay Perversion Mascara on both my lower and upper lash line. I know it is way too much for day time wear but I love a little bit of glamour once in a while.  


Here are the other products on my face: 


You can find all the previous looks in this series here. I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am!

Love
~Arrru

No comments: