Today is Day 5 of my little series here on the blog. You can catch the previous looks here... Today’s look is extremely similar to the first look I posted here, in application. However, this glitter I used here is much more sophisticated and subtle! I absolutely love wearing this to any events where I do want look polished and glamorous but do not want to put on makeup that appears pure makeup-y!
I am using the shade “Penny Jar” from Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London The Smouldering Eye Palette (I have a detailed review here). I absolutely love this shade. I wear it to my office parties! The micro mini glitters in this shade are multi-color over a base color of taupe; it shines so beautifully under different lights, even under crappy office lights! Plus, it is a pressed powder eyeshadow, you don’t really need to deal with the hassle of working with loose glitters and glitter glue! I am sure you all have a pretty underrated shade like Penny Jar in your collection. Also, I was not able to capture the beauty of the glitter on the photos, it look way better in person!
- Smashbox 24 hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer
- Blondie, Amaretto & Penny Jar from Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London The Smouldering Eye Palette
- KatVon D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
- Marc Jacobs Beauty O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara
Step-by-step approach to the eye-look:
- For this look, I did not use too many eyeshadows. I used a little bit of Blondie on the crease and Amaretto on my outer V for helping the glitter shades to blend but Penny Jar is so beautiful and neutral it does not really need a lot of help from other matte shades. Anyway, I like to use my fingertips to pat the color on the lid. I need 2 to 3 layers to cover my entire lid.
- Because I was trying to make it more wearable I added a shorter wing for my liner.
- A generous coat of mascara on both my upper and lower and that’s all I needed to finish off my eye look!
Here are the other products on my face:
- Make Up For Ever Step 1 Equalizer Smoothing Primer
- A mix of CoverFX Custom Enhancer Drops in Sunlight (Read full review here), Stila Stay All Day HD Bronzing Beauty balm, Coverfx Custom Infusion Drops in Radiance and Revlon Colorstay Normal to Dry Makeup in True Beige as foundation.
- URBAN DECAY COSMETICS Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in Med Dark Neutral
- Tarte Amazonian 12-hr Clay Blush in Flush
- Tarte The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer in 01
- LORAC Travel Size TANtalizer Highlighter & Matte Bronzer Duo
- 1st Light in The Estee Edit Gritty & Glow Magnetic Eye and Face Palette as highlighter. (Read full review here)
- HonestBeauty Truly Kissable Lip Crayon in Mulberry Kiss
For my office work party, I typically pair this with red lipstick but for this look I was itching to see how a deeper, vampire shade pairs with this glitter eyeshadow. I love the outcome :-) I know my skin appears a little bit dry here, I wished I had used Smashbox Primer Water before putting on my foundation.
I will be back tomorrow with another look :-)