Friday, December 30, 2016

7 Days of Glitter with Arrru ::: Day 7 "Glittery Blue Smokey Eye"

For the last look in #7DaysofGlitterwithArrru series, I am using some of my very favorite eyeshadows to re-create a look that is very dear and near to my heart! If you have been a regular reader of mine, you may know that I am a big fan of “Blue” eyeshadows. I adore them, especially deep, midnight blue hues. I would wear blue on my eyes every day, if possible.

So today, I am going for a blue smokey eye! I wore this eye-look and a fuchsia lipstick with my blue Assam Silk Mekhela-Sador for my sister’s wedding reception party. I got a lot of compliments :-), even from the makeup artist that did my sister’s makeup! That felt like a validation.



Blue is an intimidating shade to wear, no doubt! But it is not difficult; you just need to ground the look with other earthy tones. My advice is to get some good matte shades. I use browns, dark purple, black or muted orange shades. For this look I used some orange and browns. As I said before, it is an easy look. But it is a time consuming one. The more variations of eyeshadows of the same color family you use, the more depth you get for your look. I am showing two lipstick options just in case you want to focus only on the eyes.




Step-by-step approach to the eye-look:
  • Start with a skin-tone shade (or may be just a shade deeper, for me its Makeup Geek Crème Brulee) to curve out your crease area.  I have a very little lid space and I have hooded eyes. So, I have to create my eyeshadows such that my crease seems to be higher and rounder than actual. It kind of helps in mimicking an almond shaped eye.
  • I used dark matte shade – Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear to deepen the crease. I started with very light stroke. I make sure not to go beyond the area where my lower lash-line will connect to the tail of my eyebrow, if extended. If I go beyond that line, I feel like my eyes starts looking droopier!
  • At this time, I can see how my crease is appearing. I often add a touch of a dark shadow like Makeup Geek Corrupt at the very outer corner. It provides more depth to the look, making it look more grounded! After the crease is done, I take a little bit of Crème Brulee in a clean brush and blend the edges for one last time.
  • Yay, time for the shimmer shades now. First, I also used Make Up For Ever eyeshadow in Sapphire on the lid to lay down an even blue base. Colourpop definitely has the easiest shiny/glittery shades. I used Colourpop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Rex with my fingertips and pat it all over my lid evenly all the way to the inner corner. Rex is a beautiful blackened blue shade with loads of blue micro-glitters. I also make sure that this shade is taking a rounder shape than a flat shape near my crease-area. Sometimes because of my eye shape it can show up very flat which end up making my eyes look more hooded than they actually are. Also, at this stage, the distinction between the blue shimmer shade and the blending matte shades appears somewhat sharp. So, I get a matte blue shade and very lightly use it in that area to blend away that sharp distinction. I love using the blue shades from Viseart Dark Matte palette for this reason.
  • Although Rex already have a lot of shimmer and glitter to it, I still want an extra layer of oomph! Urban Decay Heavy Glitter Liner in Midnight Cowboy has been a recent favorite. I have been using it nonstop ever since I got it. I apply a generous layer it on the lid over where I applied Rex. For this look, I preferred this glitter because it gives me the ability to have an even but sheer coat which means my blue lid is still going to show up very nicely. If I was to layer an actual glitter, the effect will not be like this.
  • This look requires a thick winged liner. I used Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liner.
  • A beautiful pair of false lashes is kind of a must have with this look, but I don’t know how to wear them and I am too lazy to learn…he he! I used a few heavy coats of Urban Decay Perversion Mascara with Marc Jacobs O!Mega Mascara.

For my sister’s wedding I wore a deep pink blush with a fuchsia lipstick. I know that pink is absolute no with blue shades but I wished I would have worn a bit more of the blush and lipstick in a deeper shade. Against 100s of high-intensity lights, colorful decoration and tremendously bright Indian wedding dresses, my blush and lipstick shades looked somewhat washed-off! 



Here are the products on my face-


So, that’s it guys. I hope you enjoyed this series as much as I did! I am going to post my Yearly Favorites later this afternoon and then take a little bit of break from blogging! Do you have any special plan for New Year Eve?

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: