Thursday, November 19, 2015

Urban Decay Urban Vices ::: Loving the current 500 point perk from Sephora

Today I have a quick little post for you guys. You may already notice that 80% of the products that I review here are purchased from Sephora. Naturally I accumulate a lot of Beauty Insider points. If you are not already aware, the reward membership program for Sephora is called "Beauty Insider". For every 1$ you spend, you earn 1 point and depending on how much you spend on annually you reach different levels of membership namely Beauty Insider, Very Important Beauty Insider (VIB) and VIB Rouge.


They always have reward products mostly deluxe sizes that can be purchased against these points. Often these come at the expense of 100, 250 and 500 points and very rarely there are mega rewards worth 1000s of points! I typically tend to pick up 100 point perks; I believe they are perfect for travelling. I also collect all the adorable deluxe size perfume bottles that are generally 250 points. I don't recall getting a 500 reward ever, mainly because most of the time it’s just a bunch of deluxe-size products thrown into a kit; these deluxe sizes you can easily get in anywhere else. And I genuinely don't think they are worth 500 points. But lately, I can see that Sephora is taking a little bit of time and effort in curating these rewards! I want to share with you my very first 500 picks perk- the Urban Decay Urban Vices.


I love the name :-) Anyway, this is one of the 500 point perks that are currently available. If you have 500 points to spend and wanting to try Urban Decay (UD) or expand your UD collection, go grab it.

This reward caught my attention because it’s very unique and adorable. Basically, you get a very well made eyeshadow palette with 4 deluxe eyeshadows that are taken from their popular Vice pallettes, 1 deluxe 24/7 glide-on eye pencil and a foil packet of their cult favorite primer potion for the eyes. The foil packet was missing from my kit though. The eyeshadows are 0.02 oz. each compared to their regular eyeshadow pan at $19 for 0.05 oz.) and the pencil is 0.03 oz. compared to $20 for 0.04 oz. Valuewise, I still think it needed a bit more product to be worth 500 points. But like I said, it’s unique as far as rewards are considered. And it’s specific to Sephora Rewards so you cannot find this product anywhere. You cannot even buy it in Sephora unless you have 500 points :-) The palette is very strongly built. The look and appearance of the palette is quite catchy which is very peculiar to UD. I am very pleased with the fact that Sephora and Urban Decay team created this palette with equal sincerity and care that they take with any permanent item. That care shows through the product.


UD shadows are definitely one of the best in the market. Their shimmery, metallic and glittery shades definitely stands out. The shades in this palette are very well put together. Dope is satin peachy cream shade and Hoodoo is a shimmery gorgeous light violet; I am very excited about this shade. It reminds me of MUG Bewitched pigment but in a muted and pressed form. Derailed is a bronzey taupe; very beautiful, very shimmery and extremely pigmented. Smokeout is another gorgeous multicolor shade, I mostly see a very deep blackened plum but I see gold, purple, pink micro glitters shining! I simply love all these shades! These two shades are perfect for a smokey look, as well as perfect to use as an all-over-lid shade. You can surely create a complete look if you use a crease colors. Here is a quick look on the EOTD (eyelook of the day) I wore work today… sorry for a not-so-planned click :-)


I have always wanted to try the 24/7 glide-on eye pencil! Finally! Smokeout is a simple very blackened brown, very creamy and it literally glides on! Basically first impression with this palette has been good. 

UD shadows are not the longest lasting shadows on me, but nonetheless I do enjoy them. Overall, this palette will be great to take with you for travelling especially if and when you know that you are not going to put on a whole lot of makeup! I am glad that I picked up this adorable mini palette.

What about you, do you like to hoard your reward points or spend them regularly? 

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: