Saturday, January 2, 2016

Soap & Glory: "The Righteous Butter Body Lotion" and "Clean On Me Creamy Moisture Shower Gel"


I have to agree that my most loved and most used body care products in 2015 came from Soap & Glory. So, I thought why not talk about them in my very first blogpost for this year. I recently posted my Beauty Favorites for 2015 but I could not talk about these as I strictly adhere to beauty products for that post! Soap & Glory is an UK based brand and earlier last year, Sephora carried it for a while but then decided to discontinue. All the items from the brand were offered at a huge discounted rice point and I got “The Righteous Butter Body Lotion” and “Clean On Me Creamy Moisture Shower Gel” to try! I liked them so much that I had to pick up another set! Sephora has now stopped carrying this brand, but fortunately for us Ulta now offer Soap and Glory.

The Righteous Butter Body Lotion (I paid 14.40$ for 16.2 oz., but it is currently available in Ulta for $12): I had used a travel size jar of the Righteous Butter before, but this lotion is slightly lighter in formula and hence easier to apply all over my body. The smell is amazing. As found in the website it contains Original Pink Rose & Bergamot Fragrance and I can assure you, it’s super delicious. It is a very faint smell and I really enjoy it. It is an excellent moisturizer; very easy to apply, absorbs quickly and is excellent for my dry skin. I have extremely dry skin and it works great on me during slightly warmer weather or between season changes.  But for heavy snowy winter here in my city, this alone might not be strong enough to provide ample moisturizer. I have gone through one whole bottle of this but I am currently using “Sugar Crush Body Buttercream” which I am totally enjoying. But I did already bought a backup of this lotion. I LOVE this stuff and I know I will keep repurchasing it.

Clean On Me Creamy Moisture Shower Gel ($10 for 16.2 oz.): This shower gel has a moisturizing product in built so it’s definitely feels moisturizing. It has the typical Soap & Glory signature sweet smell to it which I really enjoy! I recently finished this bottle; I really enjoyed it during Fall and Winter. But during summer, I did not love it that much. Because of the in-built moisturizer, I felt like it prevented me from achieving ultra-clean feeling. I used to go in with another more cleaning soap or shower gel! I do have another bottle to go through, I know I will happily finish that up but I would not repurchase this particular one.

Overall, I love this brand. I love their unique humorous packaging along with the playful name of the products! I got a few other products from this brand during the Black Friday sale and I really excited to try them out :-)

I am starting this year with some cozy time among friends! Hope you all are having an excellent start to this year! Once again, Happy New Year, everyone!

Love,

~Arrru

No comments: