Thursday, September 15, 2016

Sephora Beauty Insider Appreciation Event & Holiday Sets Early Access!!!


Yes, I am a makeup junkie and I bought quite some stuff! I wanted to declare that first before I discuss some of the items I bought from Sephora BeautyInsider Appreciation Event. They are observing this event till 9/17, I hope this blog help you in case you are wondering about this sets!

On 9/10 they hosted a VIB Rouge Event in store and previewed some of their holiday products & value sets. It was a nice event with some good breakfast-y bits (gotta mention those, food is very important), some cool facial and makeup applications. I just picked up one set and bought the rest online. I will also add pictures of some cool GWPs and reward perks I got!


I know that makeup sets are always the most interesting ones, so let’s get started with them:

Laura Mercier Fall In Love Face Illuminator Collection ($58, buy here): I am actually very excited about this product. In fact this is the only makeup  product that intrigued the experimental mind of mine for a prospective blog post. I actually tried these on my hand in store and the powders swatched very nicely but I can see some very, very tiny glitters which is worrying me. But I am very eager to test this out. There are four shades that I can see on Sephora, so I thought I could review that will be helpful in showing all four shades for medium tan skin. :-)


Sephora Favorites Extravagant Eyes ($42, buy here): I am a HUGE fan of Sephora Favorites sets  (check all sets here) and I have purchased quite a lot of them over time. I have a few reviews here! This set right here is an incredible deal! Here is why-
  • Full Size Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy:  Everybody keeps talking about this and now that I have a glittery, colorful Indian wedding event to attend, I think this is going to be very handy for me. Besides, it is a full-size product and it was out of stock everywhere.
  • Full Size Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Plum: I got one of these from last year’s Birchbox Luxe List Value set (reviewed here) and I absolutely enjoy wearing it. I have not mastered the courage to purchase this at a regular price so this was a perfect justification for me. It is a beautiful deep burgundy-plum shade in a satiny finish.
  • Full Size NARS Dual Intensity Eye Shadow in Himalia: Okay, I have a confession to make I already have this shade from last year’s Sephora Favorites Superstars set (reviewed here) but I still got this set, :-) I will probably give it to my sister. I love this shade; it does not get enough love because I typically grab a palette when I am in a rush in the mornings! But it still an awesome everyday-glam shade.
  • Full-size Huda Beauty Lashes in Samantha #7 : I have never worn a false lashes! I have had my inhibitions but I am slowly building up the courage. But I am sure, if you are a regular false-lash wearer, you will love this.
Apart from this full size products, you get 4 other eye products in decent sample sizes. If you don’t have any of these products, pick this set up :-)


There are 3, actually 4 skincare sets that I am so very excited about.

Drunk Elephant AHA Moment ($96, buy here): Drunk Elephant is a brand that have been getting a lot of hype lately. It is definitely one of the more expensive brands in Sephora. I am reluctantly admitting that I have converted to those people who easily get fooled by "over-Hyped" products. Because Sephora was offering 4X points till 9/17, I hesitantly bought it and now when I see the overall value it is actually not THAT much of a savings. Nonetheless I am very excited to try it and will probably share my experience on the blog. Not quite sure when I will start using this as I have a few serums I want to finish up before. 



Peter Thomas Roth Mask Sampler Kit ($25, buy here): I actually bought this set from PTR but it is available on Sephora so I thought I would include it here. I have been using three of these masks regularly for last 2 years! I love them! And  I never pass up the opportunity to stock up on some travel-size tubes. If you have never tried PTR masks this is great set. I have never tried three of the set and I am very excited to try them.

Sephora Favorites Soko to Tokyo ($42, buy here): Tatcha Dewy Mist, Caolion Premium Blackhead Steam Pore Pack and belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb- so many different and very popular products to try from unique and relatively new brand!  It is an excellent deal, cost wise. This are the products that I am saving to use once the brutal winter kicks in! I will surely keep you posted. 


Sephora Favorites Scouted by Sephora ($44, buy here): The Herbivore, Jurlique Mist and the Tata Harper mask drawn me to this set. I have high hopes for this. Also, if I like the Drunk Elephant serum, I would have a travel-size to use :-)


Like I said, Sephora is currently offering 2X points for Beauty Insider, 3X for VIBs and 4X for VIB Rouge members. This offer is still available till 17th. Check the website to see if you want something while this offer!! If you are making a purchase of $25 or more, never forget the Gift with Purchases (You can check them here). Also use Ebates, I never shop without Ebates (my referral link is here if you are interested) :-)

Happy Shopping, every one :-)

Love,

~Arrru

No comments: