Friday, December 16, 2016

Play! by Sephora ::: December 2016!!!

My December Sephora Play has arrived and this is potentially my last Sephora play! The theme of this month’s bag is “The Partygoers” and I was so eagerly hoping to get a glitter product of some sort. But alas, there was none!

First of all, the cloth bag this month is super cute and the page where they list all the products is nicely designed as well. Now for the products – I would say this is a nice assortment of some very well-loved, great performing products. Most of them are cult favorites. That is really nice but not for someone deeply invested in the “beauty world”. I already have tried or have got all of these before! Basically, this is not an exciting bag for me at all.


Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Smoothing Primer: A lot of people love these primers from Make Up For Ever. I have their hydrating one from the same line and I don’t really have anything to rave about it. I tried this smoothing one on my hand and it really feels smooth. I will try it out and you will definitely hear about it if I end up LOVING it. Also, can we talk about how tiny this sample is? It is really tiny!

Lancôme Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara: Good to have another mascara because as a beauty lover, I don’t hoard enough mascaras! :-\ This is another mascara that always end up in sample bags. This or some other variations from Lancôme! Honestly, I don’t remember! But because I don’t expect a lot from my mascaras, I don’t think I will “not” enjoy it!

Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red: This is such an industry favorite. After hearing about it for years, I finally grabbed it when it was offered as a gift with purchase just a month or two ago. So, I am not personally very excited about getting it in this box. I mean if you are a true Sephora lover, I am 80% sure you already have this lipstick. But aside that complaint, it is a gorgeous red. Very neutral and very eye-catching. Its stays on unless you eat very oily food. It is also a universal red and designed for every skin tone.


Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray: Another cult favorite product! I feel like this is one of those products that you will end up trying at one point of your life, if you have any kind of beauty interest. It’s a good setting spray and really does help to hold on to your makeup. I have super dry skin so I don’t really struggle with makeup sliding off my face. But it is definitely a good product to have.

Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo: This is the only product from here that I have not tried. Drybar is a coveted brand and I do use dry shampoo quite regularly so I am really excited to try it out. I am pretty sure I will use it up easily.

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Rose: I am not a big fan of the Nirvana perfumes. They are too heavy for my taste and I often end up having headaches if I use them. If you like woodsy heavy spicy scents you will enjoy it. It is described as floral but I don’t agree with that. But it is nice to get a bonus perfume spray every month.   


Although, the products in this bag were good, I can’t still find any justification for me to keep subscribing. Who else subscribes to Sephora Play? Are you happy with this subscription?

Love,

~Arrru

No comments: