Friday, September 4, 2020

Monthly Favorites ::: August 2020

So apparently, this is September. Some days I feel like 2020 is going very slowly and on some days I feel like it was March just moments ago! 

I shared in my Monthly Favorites post from May (see here: 'Monthly Favorites') how makeup has been a very positive distraction from all the chaos in the world during this quarantine. And I am still playing with makeup during weekends and I am still loving the process! This is one of the creative hobbies that is doing good things for me during these challenging times!

So here are the products I loved during the month of August -

VISEART Editorial Brights Palette: I had so much fun with this palette this month! So. Much. Fun! I shared in my IG feed how I have longed for this palette for years and I am so happy that I finally have it. All the colors show up as vibrant as they appear on the pan! I love the Yellow, and the Purple shades the most; they are simply amazing. The blue shades are a tad bit dry and takes effort in blending. 

I have created looks with all these shades, so I have enough info to write my blogpost and yet, I am still so excited to keep experimenting with the palette. Typically, once I have tested out all the shades in a new palette, I would move on to the next new (to me) eye product! The fact that I am still interested in playing with this palette is a tell tell sign for me that I am absolutely loving this palette. 

DANESSA MYRICKS Colorfix Cream Color in Matte "Primary Red": As anticipated, I have completely fallen in love with this Colorfix in Primary Red. This is the red of my dreams! Fierce and unapologetic RED! It took me a minute to figure out the best application technique but I think I have got the hang of it. I wear it alone or mix it with other cream formulas to get custom colors. I have been using it to create graphic liners and I absolutely love it.



MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Lit Powder in "Ultramarine": If the Colorfix above is the Red of my dreams, this is Blue of my dreams! You may or may not know, I am obsessed with this type of deep cobalt blue eyeshadows! And within the embarrassing amount of blue eye product I have, this is the most beautiful blue ever! This is a 'star powder'; it is an extremely refined powder that has a beautiful, soft but impactful shine! It looks simply gorgeous on the eyes! Its hella messy but I don't even care!

MILANI Ludicrous Lights Eye Toppers in "Pink-Aroo, Peach-Ella, Lalapa-Blue-Za": Sparkly eye toppers are my MOST recent favorite thing in makeup! Last few months I have worn them a lot and I just simply adore them! These eye toppers are fantastic; the shimmer particles in the formula are small but punchy; they shine so beautifully. All three shades here have a slight duochrome to them which makes them easier to pair it with more colors! I am also impressed with the wear time! I am still testing them out; but it's safe to say that I love them!

RITUEL DE FILLE The Alchemist Highlighter and  Color Nectar Pigment Balm in "Bloodflower" & TOWER BEAUTY Bronzino in "Best Coast": These has been a favorite last month and I am still loving and using them in my looks. 


Bloodflower is still an absolute favorite - I can wear it alone in lighter layer or increase the intensity to creating blush-draping type of looks. See my post here for detailed review! 
And yes, I am still enamored by The Alchemist. It has very visible but very intricate, beautiful glitter particles that just makes me sooooo happy. I have been creating fun, editorial looks which has made me feel like an artist 😀!
And yes, I am still using bronzino to create a fake sense of summer in my life, lol! I can read more about why I love the bronzino on my blogpost here.


NAILS INC "Naked in Neon" Nail Polish in "Knightriders Street": This is a set and I actually love all four shades in this set but this Neon green shade has my heart! I never thought I would find a neon green shade that would would look flattering on my skin-tone. It is very opaque in two coats, does not flake and on me it has lasted 10+ days. I have loved it since beginning of summer but I keep forgetting to add to my favorites list every month! Anyway, I am still gonna wear this even though the weather here has cooled down quite a bit.


Lip products: I haven't talked about lip products in a a hot minute. Mainly because between working from home, having no social event to attend and having to wear mask everytime I go out, Lipsticks has lost its intrigue. I only wear lipsticks if I am trying to pan something or to get a complimenting lip-shade to go with my eye looks. These are the products I have been using constantly to layer to custom color. Bite Beauty Cin Cin is a long time favorite, Ilia Beauty Nobody's Baby is kind of a neutral pink shade that I love to layer when I am trying to get a lighter version of my bolder lip shades - just like a wash-of-color. Lipstick Queen Magenta Fully Loaded, Berry Tacoma is relatively new but I am loving the formula and how easy it is to manipulate the shade.

That's it for this month! If you made it to this far, tell me what did you love this month?

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: