Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Ilia Beauty Tinted Lip Conditioner "Nobody's Baby and Crimson & Clever" ::: Review & Swatches!

I bought this "Modern Romance Gift Set" from Ilia Beauty around this time last year, so it is about time I review them 😀! This set contained 2 full size Lip Conditioners in Crimson & Clover and Nobody's Baby. This conditioners typically come at an expensive retail price individually. 


I have used up one full tube of this lip conditioner (in Bang Bang) previously so I am very familiar with the formula. I think that might be the reason why I kept forgetting that I wanted to review the set here on the blog officially.

Availability: I bought this set from Sephora, but of course it is not available now. I do see it still here on the Dermstore website. But both shades are from their permanent range so you can still find them in Sephora, Ilia Beauty and Credo Beauty. I believe Crimson & Clover is out of stock right now but Bang Bang is a pretty close shade.

Shades:  

Nobody's Baby- This is a very pale neutral pink. If you are a few shades lighter than me, this will be the perfect nude shade on you. I can wear it alone, but I have to be careful. I will explain in the following section how I typically love to wear this shade. 


Crimson & Clover-  This is a beautiful poppy red. It is so vibrant! Whenever I wear it, it instantly brightens up my face as well as my mood.  


Formula, Quality & Staying Power: As their name suggests, these are lip conditioners; so you will not get FULL opaque color. But they still pack a punch.

I love this formula; I was never someone who liked tinted lip balms (which is what these essentially are), but these converted me. It has such a set, smooth consistency. It remains on the lip, rather than almost immediately slipping/sliding off my lips and ending up on my teeth. This was the problem I had with some other tinted lip balms I have used before. I find the formula to be quite moisturizing! It prevents my lips from feeling dry for at least 4-5 hours. The color also hangs on

My most favorite way to wear this conditioner is to mix it with other colors and formulas to create custom colors. Because of the smooth consistency but not-too-emollient of a formula I find it very easy to layer it on top of other lip products. I have gotten a lot of use out of the Nobody's Baby. I am wearing a lot of colorful eye makeup past few months and often times all the nude lip shades I have end up showing too pink or brown on my skintone. I use Nobody's Baby to mix it with the color, which will make the original color a little bit neutral. I also love the Crimson & Clover to layer over my matte red shades in the middle of the day when the lips get a little bit dry, it adds just the right amount of moisturization without disturbing the original color all that much. 

Price: The lip conditioner individually retails at $28 which seems really expensive, personally for me. Which is why I always buy them in value sets or during sale. This set cost me $38.

Packaging: I absolutely loved their gold packaging, it looked so fancy, but I believe they have changed the packaging now? I haven't tried the new packaging but as long as the formula is same I do not care much about any change in the packaging.

Have you ever tried these? Is there a particular lip conditioner that you absolutely enjoy?

Love

~Arrru

No comments: