Sunday, November 29, 2020

Bought it, emptied it: RMS BEAUTY "Buriti Bronzer"

A long time ago, I used to do a series where I would talk about a product after I had completely finished it up! It was a great way for me to share a very detailed review of the product! I am bringing the series back! This is not going to be a very regular occasion but every once in a while, I will use this series to talk about products that I have completely used up.

Today I am talking about the "Buriti Bronzer" from RMS Beauty. I completely used up this entire bronzer! Yes, you do see a little bit still there; I am keeping this tiny little portion for shade comparison in the future, just for my own reference.

Needless to say, I absolutely LOVE this bronzer. Typically, I really do enjoy cream products; they work great on my dry skin. And in general, it is a little tricky to find a (cream) bronzer that works on my skin-tone. But this was a GREAT color (for me) and that is why I think this bronzer scores some extra points from me! 😀 

Formula, Quality & Staying Power: This is a beautiful cream formula with a glowy/radiant finish and a strong reddish undertone. And somehow it really flatters my warm olive tan skin-tone. I would just pat it on using my fingertips and blend it with a beauty blender or a thick but fluffy brush. It blends easily and stays put. I love that I can get a very natural look out of it for a simple 'no foundation/everyday' makeup! Or I can use it over foundation for a full glamorous over-the-top looks. Before 2020, before I started working from home and would have to go to office everyday, I would use this along with the Living Luminizer (reviewed here) from the same brand on bare moisturized skin! I would apply some mascara, lipstick and that would my favorite & most efficient way of getting a work-ready look! I really enjoyed the combo of Living Luminizer and Buriti Bronzer; I instantly look alive in it!

I also love to layer powder bronzers on top of Buriti Bronzer; it makes my bronzer stay longer! I have included a few recent looks below where I used this bronzer exclusively.




Shade: Now, one of the con about this product is that it is offered in only one shade. And that is a huge con! I am not sure how it could work for every skin-tone. I am not a makeup artist and I don't have any direct experience of applying makeup on different skin-tones but it is hard for me to believe that one shade is going to work on every skin-tone! It is such a good product, we need more shades so every skin-tone can have access to it. They also had a product called "Contour Bronzer" which looked a little bit darker, however I do not see that product in RMS beauty website anymore. Also, I personally love the red undertone and the strong sheen in "Buriti Bronzer" but it might not be your cup of tea. 

Price & Availability: This is a permanent product in their line. It will cost you $28 for 0.20 oz of products. You will find this in Sephora, Credo Beauty, RMS Beauty and Dermstore.

Will I repurchase: The perk of doing the "Bought it emptied it" series is that I can ask myself if I would repurchase the product or if I have already repurchased it! That kind of tells you how much I actually liked something, right? So YES, I can definitely see myself repurchasing this bronzer in the future, probably next summer?! I know that if I repurchase it right now, I will start using it constantly and all the other bronzers in my collection will not get any love. So, I will repurchase this once I get more use out of my other bronzers and/or when I feel that I CANNOT live without it!

This has been a favorite product for quite some time now, especially in the conscious beauty world so hopefully this detailed review can be helpful to you all!  

Love,

~Arrru  

No comments: