Thursday, December 24, 2020

Pan 20 in 2020 ::: Project Pan Finale

Today I am here with the finale of my Pan 20 in 2020 project. When I selected these products for panning in early January, we had no idea what kind of year 2020 was going to be. I selected a lot of products that were my everyday go-to products - products that I would use most often and/or products that I would use for everyday work looks. But I spent almost the whole year working from home because of the pandemic. But I also got a lot of time during weekends to play with makeup. These changes in scenarios definitely affected which products I was able to use up and which ones did not really see much improvement. 

But I am really very happy with my performance. I was able to achieve the goals I set for 11 items out of the 20 items. I finished some of the base products that we getting older in my collection. I am almost sure this is my most successful "pan xx in xxxx" project.

Here are all the products at the end of the year. See the table below for a comprehensive look at my performance -



 And here is my performance along with the goals I set with each of the products -



1A) Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water (DONE): Yes, I finished it. I have a few drops which will not spray out anymore, so I am going to call it "done". 

1B) Marc Jacobs Re(cover) Perfecting Coconut Setting Mist (DONE): Yes, I believe this was the first product I finished out of this group. 

2) Becca Backlight Priming Filter (DONE): Yes, I did completely used it up sometime in August I think! 
December, 2020

January, 2020

3) Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation (DONE): YESSSS! I am so freaking proud. I used it up around mid-December! Perfect timing 😍!

4) Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer: So, I was very confident that I will be able to use it up. This was my everyday concealer and as I have been working from home since Feb-March, I am not wearing makeup on week days and thus didn't get much use out of this. 

5) Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in "Sunlight" (DONE): My goal was to use up 3/4 of the product and I think I did that. I use it almost every time I wear glam makeup during the weekends.  
December, 2020
  
January, 2020

6) Smashbox 24 hour Photo Shadow Primer: Hmm, I got very very close, but there is still at least a few week's product left in there. 

7) Benefit POREfessional (DONE): This is such a tiny but mighty tube, I may get 2-3 more uses out of this. But for my own satisfaction, I am calling this "finished".

8) Hourglass Ambient Powder in "Dim Light": I promise I have been using this powder to set my concealer every time I wear makeup. But I didn't see much dent in the pan. So, no could not use it up.
December, 2020

January, 2020

9) NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in "Himaliya": Another product that I used to wear to work but I have been working from home since Feb-March, I am not wearing makeup on week days so I didn't get any use out of this.

10) Makeup Geek Eyshadow "Crème Brulee" (DONE) & "Cocoa Bear": I performed exactly how I thought I would. I hit pan on "Creme Brulee" early in January or February and the pan is quite grown now. Panning "Cocoa Bear" was an ambitious goal because this shade is crazy pigmented and you really don't need a lot. 

11) RMS Beauty Living Luminizer (DONE):  The goal was to hit pan. I  was able to achieve that early in the year but I was secretly hoping that I could completely use it up. I used to wear to work almost everyday,  hence used to get a lot of work. Not anymore since I am on WFH schedule. But the dip is getting deeper and I am happy about that.

12) RMS Beauty Buriti Bronzer (DONE): Yay, another product that I am super proud of. My goal was to use it up and I did it!
December, 2020

January, 2020

13) Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eye Liner in "Indigo" & "Midnight": They are still showing some pigment so I am going to keep using them.

14) NARS Eyeliner in "Via Vaneto": This dried up before I could finish it. So I decluttered it.

15) Bare Minerals Bronzer (DONE): My goal was to hit pan and yesssssss, I did finally hit pan.  It sure felt like an achievement. 
December, 2020

January, 2020

16) Marc Jacobs O!Mega Bronzer: To be honest, I was focusing on Buriti Bronzer and Bare Minerals bronzer so this one did not get much use. 

17) Pat McGrath Matte Trance Lipstick in "Elson": Because this is an expensive product, I refrained from using it during my play-with-makeup days :-). So did not achieve the goal but I am okay with that.

18) Bite Beauty Amuse Bouch in "Verbena" (DONE) : Woohoo! I did completely finished it round late summer.
December, 2020

January, 2020

19) Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in "Cin Cin": I have gotten some use out of it but did not completely finish it. I have an emotional connection to this shade! So, I am okay even if I didn't use it up. 

20) Ilia Beauty Lip Conditioner in "Crimson & Clover" & "Nobody's Baby": My goal was to use 1/2 of both of these lip conditioners. I didn't quite get there but I did use them pretty regularly. 

Did you do any project pans this year? If you did, how did you do with your goals?

Love,
~Arrru

No comments: