Thursday, February 25, 2021

My favorite products from Becca Cosmetics ::: In case you want to try these out before the brand closes down in September 2021!

Earlier this week, Becca Cosmetics shared on their IG account that they are closing the brand in September, 2021! I have tried a lot of their products, repurchased a few and used them for years! So the news definitely came as a shock; and I immediately felt the sadness thinking of my favorite products being discontinued. It also made me realize once again, how life is so fleeting; what you have today might not be with you tomorrow! I know we are talking about some makeup products here and let’s be real in today’s oversaturated market there will always be products that can replace Becca’s products but still! This concept can be applied to everything else in life right? You can have a fabulous job, good health, happy-healthy parents, a fantastic life partner, lot of friends, or a few but good friends, money, peace but tomorrow all of these can be gone, in a blink of an eye! The importance of practicing gratitude in our life has become all the more important. I know I need to practice more gratitude in my life!


So, speaking of gratitude, here are a few products I absolutely loved from Becca and I am grateful that I was able to find these. You can find all the blogposts I have on a lot of different products from the brand offered here

Becca was a very popular brand when I first got into makeup! Everyone was in love with their highlighters and that is how the brand gained popularity. I also love their blushes because back then it was not that easy to find blush shades that were flattering on deep/medium skin-tones like mine. I also don’t recall a lot of controversy attached with the brand. I will also appreciate how upfront they are being about the closing their brand. And I will for sure miss them! 

Backlight Priming Filter: This is one of my favorite products from them. It is also one of the products in my overall collection that I regularly use in my makeup routine.

I used to mainly apply a very thin layer of it as a moisturizer in the mornings, when I had to go to work :-) in a pre-pandemic world! I love how it immediately adds brightness to my face and prepares it for blush and bronzer. I don't wear foundation on an everyday basis but I love wearing bronzer, blush and highlighter. So this helps me in providing an even canvas. But as I don't go out of the house on a regular basis no-a-days, I use it as primer during my 'experiment with makeup' sessions during weekends. I also enjoy the smell; it is very nice and fresh! 

I just started using this bottle so I have plenty left but I am itching to get a backup. I know if I do get a backup it is not going to be a wise decision because I will probably take a long time to finish this current one thereby causing the new one to expire before I even get to use it. But I am 100% sure I will miss this when I can no longer buy a replacement.

I also know a lot of people love the First Light Priming Filter as well. I have not tried it.

Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop (Full review here): Alright! Who remembers the golden days of Champagne Pop? I don’t know about you, but till this day, I truly believe this to be the perfect highlighter shade for Indian medium skin tone like me. It flatters the olive undertone I have and it really goes well with any makeup look I create to match with any Indian outfits I am wearing! I absolutely love this highlighter and I know this pan will last me all my life. And I have the palette also. In short, I am not worried about missing this one!


Mineral Blushes in Songbird, Lantana, HyacinthNightingale, Flower Child, and Wild Honey: If you want a full comparison of these shades, check here). If you have been looking at my Instagram looks or my monthly favorites since lockdown began last year, you know that I have rediscovered my love for these blushes. And I have been constantly using them in my looks to layer and kind of set my cream blushes. I absolutely adore these. and as you can see, there is a ton of products left in these pan.


Apart from these three products , I also tried their Undereye Brightening Corrector (review here). I loved it for the purpose it served but the color was just a little bit light on my skin-tone so I did not continue using it all that much. I know that it is one of their popular products. I also have their Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight Wand in Moonstone. These formula is also great but I much prefer their powder highlighter. Speaking of powder highlighter I do have Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal but it is not that flattering on my skintone. 

As I mentioned before, I have accumulated a lot of Becca products over the years and you can find all the blogposts I have on a lot of different products from the brand offered here

Have you ever tried Becca? If yes, what are your favorite products? If no, then do you want to try something before they close the brand. Anyway, I will definitely miss this brand.

Love,

~Aru

No comments: